Somethings not right... 'Brazillian Moldavite'

Razordance

There's an auction currently on ebay for 'Brazillian Moldavite'... That's a new one on me. :)

MCsea

Hmm - yes well origin is 'space' eh... no there is something suspect with this item.. could be that it was faceted in Brazil - but thats not clear...
hmm

MARINA

Kyrielle

I'm pretty sure the only place where true moldavite can originate is somewhere in the area of the Czech Republic. A meteor landed there, and the heat from the impact melted local minerals, which blended together and resulted in moldavite. It's a fairly rare stone, since it can come from only one place on earth.

Maybe something similar could have happened in Brazil -- but would that really be moldavite? The local minerals would be different in South America than in Europe.

It could be one of three things: 1. True moldavite cut, set, or processed by workers in Brazil; 2. A mineral of similar origin to moldavite, but coming from Brazil instead; or 3. A hoax.

Those are my thoughts.

Briar Rose

A card that came with my Moldivate ring reads:

Moldavite is the product of a meteor collision with earth nearly 15 million years ago. It fell over what is now called the Moldau River valley in Czechoslovakia. These green Gems are among the most rare minerals on earth. They have been prized by humans for thousands of years and are still given as gifts from royalty to royalty. In legend, it is believed Moldavite was the green stone in the Holy Grail and has the power to quicken one's spiritual path.

Even people not sensitive to the energies of the stones, often feel the energy of the Moldavite. Many sense it as heat, tingling or pulsing sensation in their hand. Others feel a rush of energy thru their body, usually upwards out the top of their head. Moldavite's high vibrational energy is a powerful chakra opener, particularly at the heart and above. Sleeping with Moldavite activates the dream state. Wearing it helps manifest positive life change.

Briar Rose

I just sent an e-mail to that e-bay seller. I hope he/she changes the listing to Moldavite, cut in Brazil. Brazil has some fantastic jewelry designers. And no Moldavite!!!!!

Briar Rose

Moldavite

I got an e-mail back from the e-bay seller. What a sweetheart. He said that they get the gemstone cut from a Bralizian designer and the designer didn't know where Moldavite comes from. I think the seller is going to try and change the info.

Hey you! Thank you.

MCsea

GREAT RESULT!

good one HeavensVault

MARINA

Briar Rose

Thank you! The seller contacted again this morning wanting to know the origins. I am sure he'll change it. He is very nice.

I just wanted to say my blessings; I am grateful to own a rare and precious gemstone, Moldavite. Thank you.

Razordance

That's great to hear. There's so much fraud going on with ebay these days that it's nice to see an honest person who just made a mistake and is willing to fix it. :)

SerpentaAzothi

Hi I absolutely love moldavite I have a ring with it in it, came from its original place. Its really a good energy stone, and beautiful, good luck in getting it!

Serpenta