Spanish Tarot (Marseilles)

le pendu

These are the images of the Ottone:

ottone1.jpg

ottone2.jpg

prudence

I just got my Spanish Tarot and am loving it. (red box, bilingual Fournier)

I am pleased with the size, the finish, the less cluttered overall affect it has for me, and the colors are a refreshing change. Other notable quirks, the expressions on the faces of the people (majors and courts), some more attractive than others, but all charming, even the oddly mishapen faces.

Abrac

Hi prudence-

I'm glad to hear you are so happy with your Spanish Tarot. It took me a long time to even notice this deck, but recently it has become one of my favorites. :)

prudence

Abrac said:
Hi prudence-

I'm glad to hear you are so happy with your Spanish Tarot. It took me a long time to even notice this deck, but recently it has become one of my favorites. :)
hi Abrac,

I took a long time to notice this one too. For some reason I just didn't want it, maybe it was the colors or the slight differences in their faces. Not really sure anymore, because these are all of the reasons I like it so much now. It is already a favorite and I am barely aquainted with it yet. Even the backs of the cards are appealing, I love the muted color of the design.

And looking at the Ottone, I do believe this is the first time I have preferred the redrawn version over the original.

euripides

Congrats Prudence! Another convert! heh heh heh *evil grin*

I like the backs too - I like the way they've used the soft cream as the colour for the whole card, makes it very easy on the eyes. I find the Grimaud very stark in contrast.

I find the people very individual. And as you say, less cluttered too - I have very different readings with this deck.

Enjoy!

prudence

hey, thanks euripides. :D

I totally agree about the soft cream color, it does make it less harsh or stark. I think I would even go so far as to recommend this to readers who are new to the Marseilles type decks, as it has an overall less cluttered appearance, and may seem less overwhelming to a newcomer.