Speaking of Payment

Kosjitov

As noted in other threads, some people don't charge money at the "intermediate" stages of learning cards, or do exchanges in return.

What sort of things have you obtained in return for a reading that was highly memorable or you loved to death and made you glad for the reading?

caridwen

As noted in other threads, some people don't charge money at the "intermediate" stages of learning cards, or do exchanges in return.

What sort of things have you obtained in return for a reading that was highly memorable or you loved to death and made you glad for the reading?

The only thing I can think of that I've had in exchange is a hand carved wooden spoon.:D

Mi-Shell

Oh, maaaany strange things over the years....
but this year so far:
- 3 1kg buckets of honey from a local Bee keeper
- a large piece of smoked ham
- a basket of wild Bird feathers
- an oooold 24k wedding ring....??
... and good old booooring money.....

nisaba

Oh, maaaany strange things over the years....
but this year so far:
- 3 1kg buckets of honey from a local Bee keeper
- a large piece of smoked ham
- a basket of wild Bird feathers
- an oooold 24k wedding ring....??
... and good old booooring money.....

A discount on car repairs.
A free haircut.
Lunch (several of them).
An unwanted Tarot deck.
A couple of interesting books (Plautus and Sophocles).
A century-old green-glass fishing float, still with some bits of decayed hemp rope attached to it.
A tank of petrol.
Free admission to a major local music festival on condition I took my cards (and made money as well as read for the organiser).
Free photocopying.
A rusty and unregistered trailer - but it got me and my belongings across the continent, and now is doing service as a raised plant-bed.

All wonderful things, but money is the most versatile of them all, and is always welcome. As Granny Weatherwax was heard to say: "Some of them paid you in money, which was useful, but all of them paid you in respect, which was hard currency."

marimorimo

I feel too n00b and incompetent as it is to charge for anything I'm afraid. My friends are already doing me a big favor allowing me to read for them.

But I just had to chime in because nisaba quoted a line from Pratchett! :D
As Granny Weatherwax was heard to say: "Some of them paid you in money, which was useful, but all of them paid you in respect, which was hard currency."

Lovely. I agree with almost everything that Pratchett makes his character think/say!

Kittysashimi

Just recently... a treat to a Japanese Sashimi buffet :heart:

bowl_of_glow

A couple of interesting books (Plautus and Sophocles).

Now that's an idea! I would totally read for books. Hmm... :D
(Free photocopying doesn't sound bad, either...).

kisou

Some of the exchanges posted sound great!

I think the only thing I've ever received besides money has been lunch.

I would actually be more open to doing other exchanges, but the conversation hardly ever goes that far! People (open to readings) tend to shut down as soon as they come to the conclusion that they don't have money... which is terrible. Everyone has some sort of skill or possession that they can contribute if they just bargain and ask!

One of my coworkers bought me a beer on a whim the other day and I offered her a reading in exchange--- she didn't take me seriously, though :/

Baroli

Sex. It was pretty good too. ROFLMAO!!!

hazlit

ROFL with you Baroli! Your comment made my day!

- had my fridge levelled and fixed
- help with cleaning up / organising my storage room (several hours)
- help with cleaning up / organising my office (several hours)
- tips on supermarket bargains

I wish my memory was better... there's more but my forgettery is better than my memory :(

hx