Favorite heterodecksual and homodecksual couples

SloughSister

What are your favorite decks to pair together and use in tandem? These may be <shocked look> homodecksual - tarot-tarot or oracle-oracle - or <gasp> heterodecksual - tarot-oracle. What makes you like them together? How do they work better / differently when blended into one? :cool5:

MissJo

o_o
Can you explain hetero and homodecksualness? I'm kind of stuck on those two terms XDD

Debra

I don't use two decks together, but sometimes I refer back to Marseille images as the "original"--as in, "In the old decks, this is the Pope."

Adriana

I did a homodecksual reading last night with my Connoly and Mystic Dreamer lol. It was kind of interesting, but I was too tired to look into it :)

Kissa

OMG! None of that here, SloughSister! You have a veeeery twisted mind let me tell you, girlfriend!!! I urge you NOT to go into further details: there might be minors in the audience!

I don't do weird decksual things obviously! but I *know* many do, Carla to name just one ;)
I remember she posted *publicly* !!! a reading she did with a tarot deck then she added the Druid Animal or Plant oracle for extra insight.
:p

Kissa

jema

A lot of decks that tend to take themselves (or rather I take them for) a bit too serious needs a bit of a 'kick' provided by the ever so cheeky Morgans Tarot.

Some decks if they feel a bit too foreign to me can benefit from added insight by an old 'comfort deck'. My comfort decks are Spiral and Gill.

For some time, years ago, I read a lot with Aquarian and Gill simply cause the first seemed a bit lofty and pompous, yet really nice and the Gill a bit warmer and sharper, like a needle to a balloon if you like.

I only got one oracle and it is just too chatty to add to any other deck. Those Faeries of Froud wants ALL the attention.

Le Fanu

Two deck couplings generally work best with a tarot and an oracle. Two tarot decks, not always so great I think. The classic one is of course Druid Craft and one of the plant or animal oracles.

Or the Greenwood with Chesca's Celtic Shaman's pack.

But my best is - light the candles, pour out the wine, put on best rings - and do a 12 month reading (as I do once a year) with the Victorian Romantic Gold and the Bohemian Gothic Silver. Pure luxury. Card from the VR is the good aspect of the month, the BG laid on top is the darkness to watch out for.

SloughSister

o_o Can you explain hetero and homodecksualness? I'm kind of stuck on those two terms XDD

Well, you know, I wouldn't want to horrify you if you are too young and sweet to know.... :eek: maybe one of your friends will explain ... :joke: ;)

Libra8ca

My favourite pairing is Vargo Gothic and Madame Endora. Since they are by the same artist they seem to be made for each other :)
I don't like to pair two tarot decks but other good tarot / oracle pairings are:
Bohemian Gothic / Fallen Angels
Sacred Circle / Fairy Ring
Wildwood and Heart of Faerie or Faeries Oracle

GryffinSong

I did pair two tarot decks last week, sort of. I was doing a reading with the Harmonious Tarot and I was finding it a little confusing. I pulled out my Victoria Regina and laid out the same cards next to the Harmonious. I didn't draw randomly, just paired the same cards next to each other. The interaction of the different takes on those cards helped clarify the reading for me.

When I do pair decks it's most often an oracle and a tarot, as has already been stated, but I did pair two oracles once to very good affect. I was doing an oracle reading for one of the reading circles and tried using the Luman deck. Now, I think of myself as having a wild imagination and intuition comes easily to me, but that deck tends to stump me. So I drew cards from the Creatrix and laid them next to the Luman cards. Each pair suddenly came alive and it was a wonderful reading. :)