Favorite heterodecksual and homodecksual couples

ncharge

I recently did a reading with the BG end edition and the Fallen Angels Deck. I did the basic reading with the BG. Then, I randomly chose 3 Angels (face down) and placed them where they wanted to be on the spread. When we turned them over and looked at the Angels, they were in fact the very Angel that could help with the issue discussed on the cards underneath them. (actually, two of the Angels wanted to be on top of cards, one wanted to be in between two cards and that actually worked best in the reading.) It worked amazingly well.

BodhiSeed

I'm most definitely a heterodecksual reader!:D

Some of my favorites:
Alchemical Renewed / Oracle of the Radiant Sun
Cosmic Tarot / L'Oeil de Lotus
Druidcraft / Druid Animal & Druid Plant Oracle
Gaian Tarot / Goddess Oracle
Greenwood / Mystic Art Medicine Cards
Illuminated Tarot / Dreaming in Color
Morgan-Greer / Gods and Titans
Mythic Tarot / Symbolon
Norse Tarot / Wolf Pack
Paulina Tarot / Haindl Rune Oracle
Quantum 2.0 / Universe Cards
Swietlistej Drogi / Mirrors of the Heart
Tarot in de Herstelde Orde / Oracle of the Kabbalah
Tarot of the Crone / Transforming Dragons
Tarot of the Secret Forest / Faeries Oracle
Tarot of Timeless Truth / Rune Cards (Linsell & Partridge)
Thoth / Vertical Oracle
Touchstone Tarot / Oracle of the Grail Code
Victorian Romantic / The Flowers' Messages
Vision Quest / Bird Cards
Wheel of Change / Oracle of the Dreamtime
Wildwood Tarot / Shaman's Oracle

MissJo

Well, you know, I wouldn't want to horrify you if you are too young and sweet to know.... :eek: maybe one of your friends will explain ... :joke: ;)

LOL.
Hun, I'm only sweet and innocent on the outside... on the inside there is a very corrupted, dirty, dirty girl.

:p
But I am really curious about it. I get the feeling it's mixing two decks... but what makes it homodeckshual and heterodeckshual? o:

I think I might try this with my two decks... they're polar opposites, but they bring out the best in one another. That might be interesting...

Morwenna

homo=tarot+tarot or oracle+oracle
hetero=tarot+oracle

SloughSister

Well, what *I* meant by it - I hadn't ever heard those words used, just made them up as a play on words - was that HOMOdecksual would be reading from two of the same kind of deck, either tarot-tarot or oracle-oracle, and that HETEROdecksual would be reading from two different kinds of decks, i.e., one tarot and one oracle.

I suppose I should've thought of majors-only decks. Maybe they could add an interesting or unexpected twist to either another tarot deck or to an oracle deck. Hmmm. I doubt it's an original idea. :cool:

You AT'ers are wonderful and creative and thought-provoking with your pairing and combining ideas. :D And I'm impressed by what must be a goodly history for BodhiSeed of doing this!

MissJo

homo=tarot+tarot or oracle+oracle
hetero=tarot+oracle

Well, what *I* meant by it - I hadn't ever heard those words used, just made them up as a play on words - was that HOMOdecksual would be reading from two of the same kind of deck, either tarot-tarot or oracle-oracle, and that HETEROdecksual would be reading from two different kinds of decks, i.e., one tarot and one oracle.

I suppose I should've thought of majors-only decks. Maybe they could add an interesting or unexpected twist to either another tarot deck or to an oracle deck. Hmmm. I doubt it's an original idea. :cool:

You AT'ers are wonderful and creative and thought-provoking with your pairing and combining ideas. :D And I'm impressed by what must be a goodly history for BodhiSeed of doing this!

Thank ya! :D

I might try this when I feel a bit better, homodeckshualness... I'll post here with an opinion when I've done it! (However shocking and dirty it may be :p)

DaughterOfDanu

My favourite pairing is Vargo Gothic and Madame Endora.

I tried this combination today since I got the Gothic Tarot in. It does work quite well!

I love using tarot and oracles together. One card can take another in a whole new direction! :) I don't usually pair up by artwork. Usually the newest oracle gets matched to the newest tarot so I can get to know them both.

NorthernTigress

I once made a single deck out of my favorite parts of the Gilded, Tarot of Dreams and Legacy of the Divine. Would that be Homodeckuality, or Deck Incest?

nisaba

I always have the Ancient Tarots of Bologna on the table when I read, in order to pull timing cards from when necessary (not very often).

I used to always have the Australian Animals oracle cards, too, and use a reading from just one to finish it. I found it interstingly tended to reflect the main concern of the reading.

But I can - and do - live without both of these most of the time.

I'm a very decksual person, I think, but more in my mind than in my body.

Sulis

The only time I ever seem to use two decks together is when I use my Morgan's Tarot along with whichever tarot deck I'm using at the time (usually my Hoi Polloi). I sometimes pull one to three Morgan's Tarot cards just to add a quick overview or as a card of advice.