Spirit Guide Group: Draws, Volume Two

Sophie-David

In this thread we resume our ongoing discussion of Spirit Guide issues, using the wisdom of the Tarot as a tool for the purpose. All subscribers are welcome to join in at any time. As we attempt to discern our life path by seeking spiritual direction we find that there is a great deal of overlap between the various Spirit Guide threads - this thread is a part of that whole, differing only in its particular emphasis. Alternatively of course, one could post a reading in My Readings, no matter what the topic...

For those interested in perusing the archives, Volume One is found here. :)

Cheers - David

Sophie-David

Universal Waite: Four of Pentacles & Magician Reversed

Well, this is becoming pretty predictable! In the ego realm we have the Four of Pentacles clinging desperately to his remaining treasure, and in the upper realm the Magician Reversed has returned after an appearance in the draw two weeks ago. I will quote what I typed at that time, it is very likely more of the same: alienation, communications difficult, disconnection from the ego (poor old ego!) continues...
Sophie-David said:
The Magician Reversed does sound like communications will be blocked or misdirected, and I have a good idea in what relationships that may happen. But also I think it speaks of work in letting go of the One, the egoic "I am".

rcb30872

Using Radiant Rider-Waite I drew Six of Swords

I think the rest of you would be just as relieved with that as I am.:):p;)

Bec

psychic sue

I cant really figure out how my knight of cups affected me last week. I have had one or 2 psychic experiences, so I suppose that could be it. Actually, I had a rough week. I got stung by a bee/wasp which the doc says has caused an allergic reaction and which has also given me a viral infection of the blood. I've got tablets and cream (for the rash) but it has made me feel very weak and wiped out.

I drew 7 swords this week - oh no! I must try and remain positive or it could turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

rcb30872

I forgot to say how The Sun went for me last week. I guess the dream was a big bonus for me, since it has been a long time since I can remember one. Last week for me was actually quite good, after I got over the fiasco from last Sunday.

There has been a guy I have been kind of seeing, as I don't have the partner in the traditional sense of the word. I wasn't going to come online on Thursday morning before work, but for some strange reason why I was in a shower I had the thought that I would send this guy an e-mail. Then, I thought "nah - I won't bother" and then I said "oh, why not?" As it turned out when I sent the e-mail was 7am, and he had been overseas and arrived back in Perth 7.30am that same morning. So after a few e-mails exchanged throughout the day (ie, Thursday), actually saw him that night.

Saturday, I had "told" mum "off", not about the other stuff but an unrelated thing. The funny thing, for her, it must have been Thursday when this happened to mum, and she didn't notice until Saturday morning. She only left her lights on in her car!!! Didn't use the car on Friday as she caught the bus to go to Fremantle. This is the conversation:
Me: Don't you have an alarm in the car to let you know when you have left the lights on when you open the door?
Her: Yes, but I don't think that it was working
Me: Maybe there is something wrong with your hearing, maybe you should have your hearing tested, afterall you are 69
Her: There is nothing wrong with my hearing
Me: Well, maybe if you didn't spend so much time thinking about things that are not worth thinking about maybe you would have noticed that the alarm was going off
Her: The RAC man says the thing for the battery is only 10, (very low) and when the battery gets low the alarm doesn't work or is not so loud
Me: Well, after having the lights left on for two days no wonder the battery is flat/low

There are other things, if I think about it.

Bec

wildchilde

Thanks for starting the new thread, Sophie-David! :)

Bec, sorry to hear about all the problems with the mum recently. Hopefully the Six of Swords will help give you time to gather your strength to deal with these painful issues.

My card this week is Judgement...which usually serves as a pretty positive card for me in readings; I have to say I laughed out loud when I drew it tonight because of something that happened earlier today and I have been asking myself since...am I judging someone based on the past and not on who they currently are? This card seems to be saying that I need to focus on seeing people for who they are right at this moment in order to free myself from pre-conceived notions and restore my balance.

So, I guess this is something I need to work on! (grumble, grumble...)

rcb30872

rcb30872 said:
Using Radiant Rider-Waite I drew Six of Swords

I think the rest of you would be just as relieved with that as I am.:):p;)

Bec
Yes, well, indeed I feel great!!!

Yesterday, was the little man's birthday party, a few weeks late, but that doesn't matter in the scheme of things. There were a few "dramas" involved with me and my mum and then with my middle brother. It didn't effect like me like it would normally, it did sort of bother me for a few seconds, not even that. First of all, we had our separate little room at the place where they would have their food and where we can put all the stuff in. So here I am saying hello to all the other mothers and their children, and getting the presents, and my middle brother says "Take the presents to the room" which I didn't do straightaway and would have done it eventually (in my own time) but no, that wasn't good enough for him, he wanted it done there and then. Fair enough, but I was still talking to a child and his mother at the time, aarrgghh! Second of all, when it was time for the cake, after little man blew the candles out, he went to touch them straightaway, typical grandmother behaviour, she comes rushing in saying "don't touch, be careful, they are hot" meanwhile I am just calmly standing to one side, and just shook my head. Which I gathered mum must have seen, because then she immediately did a retreat. So after all the children had their bits of cake, there was some left over for the parents/adults. My two brothers and their partners, and possibly even mum, were standing outside the room. After all the cake had gone and portioned out to everyone, my brother comes in the room wanting some, but of course there was any left, then he had a minor hissy fit about that. Then instead of getting all bothered by it like I would normally, I though it serves your right for not being in the room when the cake was handed around and get over it!!

The rest of the week went well, a few other little dramas, but nothing that I couldn't handle.

So I do indeed feel that it was a well and truly Six of Swords week!!!

Bec

Sophie-David

Universal Waite: King of Cups Rx & Eight of Swords Rx

Last week indeed continued the theme of a vertical separation, of living partly in egoic consciousness, partly from the perspective of looking down and analysing it - the tension between the Four of Pentacles and the Magician Reversed.

This week we have the King of Cups Reversed - projecting a certain callousness and separation while he explores the depths of his own psyche. And an interesting interpretation from Mary Greer's The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals:
At the shamanic or magical level, this is the priestly role of devotion in action. It refers to the Fisher King of grail legend, who cannot be healed until someone asks the question, "Whom does the grail serve?"
- a very thought provoking question indeed!

In our secondary spot, the Nine of Swords Rx damsel in distress is wriggling out of her bonds and breaking free. Mary Greer suggests this is by:
real magic, defined by Florence Farr as the ability to "take the limits off common experience" and by Richard Cavendish as "the power to transcend all human limitations."
In short, a card of initiation through trials... indeed a very promising start to my upcoming week in Wisdom School starting next Saturday, "Learning to See" with Cynthia Bourgeault.

rcb30872

A day late, but doesn't matter.

I had three cards fly out of the deck while I was shuffling. One which was face up was Five of Wands, and the two that were face down were The Moon and Four of Swords.

I figured since the Five of Wands was face up, that is the card that I will take as being the card, but will still keep in mind The Moon and Four of Swords. (I wonder if that means that I will have some more dreams!?!)

Bec

PS Four of Swords has been going on for awhile. I have been not very well lately, and still not well, and have been having afternoon naps when I come home from work before getting little man from child care.

wildchilde

I am very pleased with my card of the week! I drew from the Waking the Wild Spirit deck, the Queen of Fire: Wildwitch.

I have always loved this card...it shows a wizened woman with a knowing and determination written on her lovely but wrinkled face with a huge white owl perched upon her shoulder. The woman gazes towards the East and the owl towards the West.

This card has always represented strength of character and coming together of creative knowledge to me. Given that I have had a hard two weeks or so of mild depression and battling this horrible summer flu...I feel very blessed to receive this card and believe that it is a sign that my strength is returning.