Spread with just Court cards?

x_shadow_xx

Hi all, I need to get to grips with the court cards, and wondered if anyone knew a spread that uses just, or mostly, the courts?

megx

Just separate out all of the court cards (if you need more add the major arcana) and then just use a simple 3 to 9 card spread of any kind. I'd suggest something very basic like a 4 card star spread, or something similar.

A good idea if you want to get beyond the basic "people" interpretations for the cards.

rwcarter

It's not a spread per se, but an idea in one of the books I have on the Court Cards suggests to remove them from the deck, shuffle them and then lay them out in a 4x4 grid. You then examine the 4 horizontal and 4 vertical lines (groups of 4 cards) to see what kind of interactions you think they would have. You could think of them as families or friends or people interacting at a dinner party, etc.

Rodney

x_shadow_xx

megx said:
A good idea if you want to get beyond the basic "people" interpretations for the cards.

That's just the thing I'm trying to learn!!
I'm trying to get off the 'page=message / Knight=trip' :D and learn the personalities

megx

All right, then this might help. You know what the above poster said about people at a party? Well I'd suggest doing something similar, maybe include the majors just for a little variety, and start laying out simple three card spreads.

Then, just look at the card and try to tell a story about the person in the card, based on the picture, traditional meaning, and your intuition.

An example...

Queen of Wands, Chariot, Queen of Pentacles

Two women decide that they are going to go on a journey together. The first woman is bright, lively and enthusiastic. She has a multitude of ideas and a certain charisma about her that will get them wherever they need to go on their journey. The Queen of Pentacles is the grounded one. She isn't so much concerned with the fun of the trip so much as the practicalities of the situation, holding on tightly to the money while the Queen of Wands ventures out with her magic wand to create the sense of adventure that this journey will bring.

In the end, the Queen of Wands will light the way while the Queen of Pentacles assures they get to their destination safe and sound.

What you can get from this is a message. Do enjoy your journey, on whatever path you are taking, but be certain to attend to all of the details and have all your facts straight. There is definitely an emotional charge to this matter, but make sure you are keeping everything in line!

Sinduction

Why on earth would you torture yourself so? :D

Good luck!

x_shadow_xx

Thanks megx!! I like inventing stories so this sounds great! :D

Sinduction said:
Why on earth would you torture yourself so? :D

Good luck!

Ha ha :grin:

GreenMoonBeam

Oh, this just made me laugh. I read the thread title as Spread with Lust Court
cards. Did think I have to try this. And since it is JUST Court cards I will most
surely try this. {Mind I could make a lusty story with a Knight or King :): :): }

megx

The King of Wands and the Queen of Cups, The Lovers

Secretly meeting without the knowledge of their spouses, knowing it is not what is meant for them but unable to resist. The firey and passionate king, he sees nothing but the lady before him, while the Queens heart is overflowing like the chalice she holds filled with nothing but her love...

Lol, tarot soap opera!

GreenMoonBeam

More likely that young handsome Knight!!! charging in and near sweeping the Queen off her feet....
I agree the stories are wonderful:):