Spreads without a question?

Darla

Hi everybody,

Do you know any tarot spreads that doesn't require a particular question? Just to see what the cards are telling you. I want to spend more time with my cards but often I have no questions to ask. I was thinking about making up my own spread but I also want to hear your ideas!

Majecot

Hi Darla,
I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do Tarot. I like to just a general reading, and let the cards tell me the story.( most of the time I don't know that I have a question untill I lay out the cards.
I have used any type of spread for this. There are many different types of spreads in this forum that you can try and many of them are spur of the moment made up ones.
Do what ever works for you ;)

Jypsie

Sometimes I will ask for one card of importance to my life right now. I look at it, think, then ask whatever question the first card led me to, then draw another card. And so on, until I feel I have reached a conclusion.

fairyhedgehog

You can use the Celtic Cross without a question. <ducks flying missiles from all the people who hate the Celtic Cross>

And my three card spread doesn't need a question either.

3 - Advice from above.
1- The heart of the matter (or Theme of the Day if it's a daily draw)
2- What's going on beneath the surface, (or unseen influences)

I would have thought that there are a lot of spreads that don't need a question ...

bec

A simple "what's up tday?" is enough, just lay the number of cards you are interested in reading and tarot will do the trick :p

Darla

Thanks guys!

Sometimes it is so easy that you can't see it ;) I will just let Tarot do the trick as bec put it. Thank you for your answers.

Agathe

fairyhedgehog said:
You can use the Celtic Cross without a question

This is what I would suggest. I remember that at first I would use Celtic Cross without a question, just to check general situation. Only later did I start asking questions when using it. I think it would be a good choice.
Also, I think longer spreads would be good if you want to see more of what's going on.

Blessings,
Agathe

rexenne2003

fairyhedgehog said:
You can use the Celtic Cross without a question. <ducks flying missiles from all the people who hate the Celtic Cross>

And my three card spread doesn't need a question either.

3 - Advice from above.
1- The heart of the matter (or Theme of the Day if it's a daily draw)
2- What's going on beneath the surface, (or unseen influences)

I would have thought that there are a lot of spreads that don't need a question ...

Hey I like the celtic cross! LMAO! It is the one I use more often than any other spread just because it lends so many details and much more insight than any other layout that I have used.

I like your three card spread and I will use it later when I get off from work and see how it works for me. I can let you know if you would like.

kelpy

Darla

I usually try not to think of anything in particular I dont ask question since for me I find asking a certain question harder to read, I try to clear my mind and let tarot tell me what I need to know.

rexenne2003

Good advice. Will try that and see how it goes. :)