Spreadsheet to Track Daily Readings

Silverlotus

Last year I challenged myself to do a one card reading every day. I recorded them all in a planner along with notes about significant events from the day. I've decided that it would be interesting to see how often cards came up, which cards never appeared, etc., and hopefully will gain some insight into the cards' meaning.

Before I go to all the work setting up a spreadsheet, I thought I would check to see if anyone else has tried this. Did you find it helpful? Would you be willing to share your (blank) spreadsheet?

WingspreadPhoenix

This sounds really interesting. I've never tried it with tarot cards, but I have used spreadsheets for other things and they do help keep things organized. I'd like to see an example of this kind of spreadsheet.

Sinduction

I even took a class on spreadsheets and can't remember how to do anything! :D

This would be great for me since I'm never away from my comp.

Astraea Aurora

http://www.tarotjournaling.com/Card-of-the-Day-Chart.pdf

This free chart (by Corrine Kenner) is similar to the one I made for myself.

I found it helpful to review my daily cards when times where hard and I couldn't make sense of what was happening. I took the cards I had drawn the most to give me clues about what was really happening at the time. Kind of reading the past (instead of the future :laugh:) but it made sense.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

AJ

I've used the sheet linked to above for years, image below of the old one. Rodney creates spread sheets for everything I think :)

The paper one might not make a pretty graph with the click of a button but it's fun to look at and it's easy to see what cards come up and when.

Attachments

• spread sheet daily draws.JPG
    spread sheet daily draws.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 795

The Guided Hermit

I have made a career in creating Excel wizbangs and MS Word interactive forms and templates.

I created an Excel workbook for all my tarot tracking and data, including my daily readings. It is very useful, especially when data filters are used to see how often a card has appeared in a given position (my daily is a 4 card reading).

MYFIGO

Spreadsheets

I use one to track a 24 card reading I do each day. It's fun to see at a glance what card keeps popping up or how many repeat each day! I even color code the suits so I can see trends that way too. Another cool thing is to have a calculator page that brings back the interpretations for each card entered. I'm new so this is nice in the morning when I don't have time to look each one up but am dying to know what it all means!

I'd be glad to help anyone who wants help with excel... just PM me with your question and what you'd like to do.

Jude

canid

That is interesting. However, I haven't used Excel in many many moons; if someone would like to share a template, that'd be great!

rwcarter

AJ said:
Rodney creates spread sheets for everything I think :)
Thanks AJ.

Yes, I have spreadsheets that track 3 Card Draws and 5 Card Draws. I also have a 3 card draw spreadsheet broken down by month, quarter and year. All of the spreadsheets show at a glance how many times a particular card has appeared. I don't use reversals, but I did create a spreadsheet for the Mirror Imaged cards from the Transparent Tarot, and that spreadsheet could be used to track reversals.

And, yes, I'm happy to share. Just PM me your email address and let me know what flavor of spreadsheet you'd like.

Rodney

shadowdancer

I do have an excel spreadsheet monitoring the cards used from the Diary of a Broken Soul, since I used it. Every card produced in a reading (personal or for others) and every daily draw is tallied.

It has proved very interesting. I have a huge predominance of hearts making appearances, with the clubs bringing up the rear. It is also interesting to see which cards are making repeat appearances. I have started a similar chart for another deck where I can monitor its use from day one so to speak. Interestingly with that deck, the wands are the strongest appearers - go figure. I guess different decks have different vibes, and will work better on an emotional, mental, practical or spiritual level.

As it is still early days, it is too early to tell of any signifcant factor but who knows - in a years time this in itself will make for an interesting study.

Davina