Star Timing Question

Lorraine1100

I have had the Star card pop up quite a bit recently and I do know it is a wish card.

In terms of timing it seems the Star does not have any fixed timescale (from what I have gleened from others on here) and it almost seems 'open ended' so if you got this card and the card right next to it was the eight of wands, would the eight of wands speed things up quite a bit?

If it does speed it up are we talking days/weeks as opoosed to months?

MaineGirl117

There are a couple ways to look at the Star card astrologically. It connects with the sign of Aquarius which is the later half of January into the first half of February. The Star card also can represent the star of Sirius, which is the middle star within Orion's Belt (those three stars that form a line in the sky is Orion's Belt). The Star Sirius connects to the "Dog Days of Summer" which is June, July & August. If you look at the Star card from a mythological standpoint, she can represent the planet Venus in regards to her connection to Persephone. The planet Venus disappears from the night sky during the early days of Spring, to return again (this year) in May. This yearly descent is part of the parable of Persephone being kidnapped into the Underworld (going dark) until her Mother, Demeter (The Empress) demands her return. If she is not returned, Demeter (Goddess of Agriculture) says she will not plant the seeds of spring and no growth will occur for the Summer. Thus, Venus returns to the night sky towards the end of spring/beginning of summer.

The 8 of Wands is a card of swiftness but also connects to the time of November 23 to December 2. You may find that something you initiated or "wished for" back in the Winter will come to fruition this Summer.

The 8 of Wands can also represent time flying by quickly, things happening all of a sudden. It is also a card connected with channeling energy and intuition. The Star card can be a very potent card when connecting to "other-wordly realms", again, a wish cast out into the Universe. Those Wands in the 8 cannot remain in the air forever - they will eventually come back down to earth, perhaps delivering that wish to you. As the Star card is a futuristic card, I'd lean more to the coming Summer months in regards to timing.

Amanda

The number 8 maybe be significant as well, considering the 1+7 on the Star and 8 of Wands... an 8th day or maybe August as the 8th month.

willowfox

***Star suggests the timing is down to you, and then something will happen, 8 wands.

McFaire

TThe Star card also can represent the star of Sirius, which is the middle star within Orion's Belt (those three stars that form a line in the sky is Orion's Belt). The Star Sirius connects to the "Dog Days of Summer" which is June, July & August. If you look at the Star card from a mythological standpoint, she can represent the planet Venus in regards to her connection to Persephone. The planet Venus disappears from the night sky during the early days of Spring, to return again (this year) in May. This yearly descent is part of the parable of Persephone being kidnapped into the Underworld (going dark) until her Mother, Demeter (The Empress) demands her return. If she is not returned, Demeter (Goddess of Agriculture) says she will not plant the seeds of spring and no growth will occur for the Summer. Thus, Venus returns to the night sky towards the end of spring/beginning of summer.

I'm pretty confused when it comes to thinking about timing in this way.

Venus doesn't appear in the evening sky in the same season every year. (It never has. It has a 224-day year.)

Also, from the Northern Hemisphere, Sirius and Orion are not seen in summer. They rise in the east in the evening in January, and by summer, they set in west before dark. So I'm confused about how these stars are associated with summer. Unless you are in the Southern Hemisphere. Would it make sense to interpret timing differently based on which hemisphere you are in?

Or are these interpretations just traditional, and have nothing to do with where the stars and planets actually are?

Thanks

Richard

In ancient Egypt Sirius would become visible just before sunrise at about the same time of the year as the inundation of the Nile, which took place during Dog Days.

McFaire

In ancient Egypt Sirius would become visible just before sunrise at about the same time of the year as the inundation of the Nile, which took place during Dog Days.

Thanks, LRichard. I do remember that, now that you mention it. Do you think this is relevant with respect to interpreting timing in a reading today? Every culture has traditions about Sirius; it is the brightest star seen from the Earth, after all (besides the Sun, of course).

Overall, timing eludes me in the Tarot. Though I admit, I have not yet pursued a serious study of it.

McFaire

I would also add that I think Sirius is known as the Dog Star because it is the alpha in the constellation Canis Major (big dog), one of the two hunting dogs of Orion.

(The second being Canis Minor, of course, with its very bright alpha, Procyon.)

Richard

Thanks, LRichard. I do remember that, now that you mention it. Do you think this is relevant with respect to interpreting timing in a reading today? Every culture has traditions about Sirius; it is the brightest star seen from the Earth, after all (besides the Sun, of course).

Overall, timing eludes me in the Tarot. Though I admit, I have not yet pursued a serious study of it.
I don't think it is relevant to timing. I do think that the flooding of the Nile (associated with the appearance of Sirius) may have inspired the image of the woman in the Rider-Waite Star pouring water onto the dry land as well as into the pond.

Using Tarot for timing eludes me too. In fact, I am very skeptical about its validity.

McFaire

Me too. The cards speak to me on so many levels, but with respect to timing, they only seem to speak relatively. Which makes perfect sense, actually, but I suppose that's another thread...