Stick Tarot

pnthrmgck

I have started making my own very simple tarot deck to learn the meanings of the cards as well as a way to kill some boredom ^.-
So far I only have the Fool and the Magician done but I have most of the other major arcana ideas in my notebook.
You can take a look at what I have so far here..

http://matrix.animaltracks.net/Uploads/Tarot1.jpg

Looking forward to comments/suggestions. TTFN

WolfSpirit

Oh I love Stick Figures :)
I really love the Fool and his dog.
My - strictly personal - suggestion would be to keep the characters as much simple stick figures as possible and not add too many robes etc., but that is only because I like those best.

BTW there is another stick figure tarot that is now OOP and highly sought after, it can get quite expensive on ebay. So who knows what your deck will lead to one day :D

Looking forward to the following cards.

arachnophobia

Sorry, Stick Figures don't really grab me, because I am not so drawing-challenged... Actually, my very first card in my customised Tarot was the Pope/Hierophant, and as a very lapsed Catholic, I found a "pope-shaped void in my heart", so guess who fitted into it? The Dalai Lama (representing "oceans of love, oceans of light, oceans of laughter", as "ocean teacher", the proper translation of Dalai Lama)...not up to drawing him at the time, I did a collage, with a cut-out photo of the Dalai Lama, laughing, with his Tibetan mala around his wrist! ;-)

pnthrmgck

I have been trying to keep away from clothing an such. only using robes an stuff as an add on for imply importance from the common stick figure.
Right now my biggest challence has been to figure out how in the world I should draw wings for the figures. I dont want to use just lines as every time I think of that my brain switches to some cartoon where the character just got fried or something hehe.

WolfSpirit

Nice :)
What always amazes me in those simple pictures, is how little you need to express something.
I think the Chariot is my favourite so far, with the stick horse and the lovely helmet.

gollog

oh, these are really cute! I especially like your fool and chariot. I think the high priestess might need some extra's maybe or robe or something? She looks a bit bare...

Anyway, I really like them

pnthrmgck

WolfSpirit said:
Nice :)
What always amazes me in those simple pictures, is how little you need to express something.
I think the Chariot is my favourite so far, with the stick horse and the lovely helmet.

Thanks. The fool was actually what gave me the idea to make the deck. I thought that the idea of a guy walking off a cliff would be really easy to do with stick figures and it led on from there.

gollog said:
oh, these are really cute! I especially like your fool and chariot. I think the high priestess might need some extra's maybe or robe or something? She looks a bit bare...

Anyway, I really like them

Yea i agree on the priestess part but this is only the first version so far. I might make some changes later. Right now im working on just getting the basics down.

In other matters I have finally got most of the next page of cards done. This next set is Strength thru Devil and i think they came out rather nice. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think. There is a lot of little things I want to add to the cards still so check back soon. TTFN
http://matrix.animaltracks.net/Uploads/Tarot2a.jpg

WooMonkey

:) I REALLY like the chariot horse!

Fairawen

Oooh, love it! I love very simple tarot images, usually the incredibly garish ones put me off. There are some exceptions, but usually I like the simplistic. :) Great job! Gees, keep goin', you've got me interested! :D

~Fairawen~