Strength as a relationship...opinions?

MissIndigo321

I've been studying this card quite a bit because my current love life is similar to this card. We are both opposites in many ways, but my patience and compassion with him is building an understanding of trust between us. I feel like the woman on the card, and he is much like the lion.

What kind of long term partnership would that represent? Do you think they would eventually turn on each other or would it be a lifelong bond that is unbreakable?

afrosaxon

I agree with that. Strength is not really about physical strength and submission via force; it's about providing a haven where someone willingly wants to submit. They make a choice to lay down their weapons, if you will, in order to keep the peace. It takes great inner strength to master yourself (your lusts, angers, etc.).

And don't confuse submission with subordination; the two are vastly different.

also: Strength is also referred to in some Crowley-type decks as Lust. }) That could indicate that your relationship will have plenty of bedroom OOMPH!

(now, what you do with that OOMPH is up to you). :D

Just my $.02.

T.

MissIndigo321

Oh wow, that makes complete sense! The sex is completely lusty and crazy, sorry if too much info..LOL. But, the dynamic between us is so similar to this card it is scary. I am not sure if the lion is right for such a gentle girl...if he bites back it would be very disastrous for me.

starrystarrynight

How many times do you see the archetypal big, strong he-man (220# - 6'3") submit willingly to the 120# sweet, young thing? That could be your relationship, if it is indicated by Strength. And like afrosaxon says, it doesn't always take physical strength to subdue the lion...but the knowledge that love can and often does conquer all.

xhollysue

Hey if he goes to turn on you, be like Dorothy who, when a lion roars at her dog, she just slaps him and makes him cry. Works every time.

Just kidding.

I think one possibility is that he can teach you to acknowledge the lion within yourself, and you teach him to acknowledge the lamb within himself. You know how the yin/yang symbol has a little black seed or dot on the white side and visa versa? I think that would be the long-term look of a Strength relationship.

Sar

A kind of taken in hand relationship, perhaps?

HarleyQuinnX

It might suggest a "Beauty and the Beast" relationship. Things are so opposed to each other that it seems that they'd never be able to work, but that opposition is the very thing holding the relationship together in the long run. Each person learns to think about the other in a different way: Lion learns pretty girls don't have to be food, while the girl learns that not all lions are vicious.

starrystarrynight

HarleyQuinnX said:
Lion learns pretty girls don't have to be food, while the girl learns that not all lions are vicious.
:D I love this.

MysticalMoose

MissIndigo321 said:
Oh wow, that makes complete sense! The sex is completely lusty and crazy, sorry if too much info..LOL. But, the dynamic between us is so similar to this card it is scary. I am not sure if the lion is right for such a gentle girl...if he bites back it would be very disastrous for me.

:D:D:D

I can relate to this completely as I am in a very similar relationship myself... I wouldnt say exactly that I am by any means "gentle" }) ...but... he is a big scary man to most people..a typical "bad boy"... charging around causing havoc in a knight of Swords/Wands combo type of way... his world is so different from mine, there is no peace in his...& yet.... we connect so wonderfully, when we are together he retreats from all that is chaotic & "bad".. he says when he comes to see me that he feels at peace, cared for & safe, like his reality is suspended.... & he becomes the caring, gentle loveable person that I know is there behind the scary exterior that is his working "front" that most people see. Likewise since I have known him I have become more able to stick up for myself, more willing to speak up....so it works both ways. whenever I do a spread concerning him & me the Strength card comes up & I feel this is why....
MM :heart: