Strength card - VIII or XI?

Melia

Are there any threads discussing this issue? I'm sure there are, but I've used the search function and to no avail.

Apart from the Marseilles deck, I'd like to know what other decks list the strength card as XI .... anyone. I know the Anna K is one.

When and why the change? .... as it seems 'to me' strength should be XI.

If anyone would like to share what they prefer, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Sulis

The Wild Unknown Tarot has Justice at VIII as does The Deviant Moon and there are many more. These days though, most deck creators just use the RWS as their template and so use the numbering used in that deck.
I've just written about it here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=187062

For me Justice has to be at number VIII - I do not use decks where Strength is there and have been known to change the numbers around if I like a deck but it has Strength and Justice switched. I've read about why Waite did it but I really do not think it was the right decision. 8 is the number of Universal balance, of cause and effect and that, to me is Justice, not Strength.

Melia

Thank you both for your replies. I will share some of my thoughts, but just need to get a few hours of sleep first.