Stretch Tarot

FaintlyMacabre

something's coming...

I was feeling a little sniffly and left out, which was ridiculous, I know. But I got my notice today that it's on its way! Yippee!

Diana

Le Fanu

That's weird - he's in the UK and so am I :(
You say "he" - are you talking about the creator? Does this deck come from the UK? I have just discovered this deck and think I really might need it...

Linfang

He in this case is Joseph Stretch, the creator, and yes, the Kickstarter decks were shipped from UK.

Got mine today and I think it is awesome. The photos and pictures chosen for each card really make sense and I love that the colors are muted without being murky. The rewards are of excellent quality, lovely bag and spread cloth, clever playing cards in tin. Can only fully recomend this artist and his deck.

gregory

You say "he" - are you talking about the creator? Does this deck come from the UK? I have just discovered this deck and think I really might need it...
I say he; yes the artist; he is in the UK (London), he is SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD (well, he may be 18 by now...) and yes it does come from there also and what it is too :D

JayBee

Mine arrived, and I couldn't be happier. The young man is a class act from start to finish and highly deserving of support and encouragement. Such talent already evident. I can't wait to see what he comes out with next.

FaintlyMacabre

The mailman came in the lane with his light flashing and I thought it was here and........it was cat food!!! They must have put mine one the slow boat. (The UPS usually brings the cat food.)

It is so great to hear how well this is going though.

Diana

RiverRunsDeep

Oh yes, you definitely need this one! In his latest Kickstarter update, the deck creator posted, "I am currently working on a website on which I will be selling the deck. I plan for it to go on sale on April 20th".

He also mentioned he is enthusiastic about developing further tarot cards as well as oracles, Lenormands, etc. Very happy to hear that!

IHeartRescues

PLZ keep the reviews coming! I didn't fund, but am on the mailing list. Before this showed up I was looking at the Silent Tarot. Seems to have a similar collagy vintage vibe (one of the du jour themes these days), but the larger size cards r no longer avail, so that bummed me out, This Stretch looks great! and no I cannot believe he is only 17! o_O I wonder if his mum is a reader?

rylla

The photos and pictures chosen for each card really make sense and I love that the colors are muted without being murky.

I like colorful decks. Even striking colors. But re. the Stretch tarot I had the same impression as mentioned above, the muted colors without being murky as you put it are one of the main merits of this deck. It fits perfectly with the whole atmosphere of the deck. Overall it is very well done, easy to read with and I imagine as being a good deck to use for reading for other people too. The messages seems to come from another era bringing the wisdom of time, space and eternal knowledge.

FaintlyMacabre

About how long do things take from the UK to the US? I see that RiverRunsDeep is also in Pennsylvania.

I'm not trying to be too impatient but I also have no idea when to start wondering if it might be lost and would like some idea. Generally most things have seemed to come in a reasonable amount of time from most everywhere that I've ordered.

I'm not panicking yet, but I keep expecting it to come and it hasn't. Probably tomorrow as I have a gift for this sort of thing.

Diana