study group application ~ capricorn

purplelady

meatbox666 said:
I swear my hand to Cronos that Capricorns are the best in bed. Oh they are sooo freaking nasty ( good nasty).

Geez meatbox, and I have Mars in Leo and Venus in Sagitarius,
really

isthmus nekoi

:p Caps are not traditionally known as the most amourous of signs. However, they are usually credited for getting the job done ^_~

On a more philosophical note about Capricorn, I was thinking about Saturn and its tie to human limitations. I find Capricorn is an good sign to come after enthusiastic Sag. What Sag says is: I can do anything I want, I believe in myself. In comes Capricorn who says: I understand my limitations and now am fully aware of what I am capable of. Maybe this is why Cap is assigned to the highest point of the zodiac b/c it's only in Cap w/its relation to the reality principal of Saturn that you can really go after your goals. It's only when you recognize your limitations that you can sucessfully set your ambitious goals, change your situtation, challenge those limitations.
Sag is important b/c it gives you belief in yourself to do the impossible. But only through Cap can you realize this by seeing where all the obstacles and your own shortcomings are. This might also be why Cap/Saturn are associated w/depression or conservatism. In a negative sense, Caps may feel their limitations so strongly, they lose touch w/optimistic, inspirational and hopeful Sag energy. Reality can drive Caps into the ground w/pessimism and conservatism.
Of course, a good balance is called for. Maybe it's b/c I'm a Cap sun, but I find our society to be skewed waaaaaay over to the Sag side. I remember in studying cross cultural psych, we learned most ppl in North America tend to rate themselves as 'above average' in numerous traits whereas other countries will show a normal bell curve distribution.... :p

isthmus nekoi

to moongold

I think it's the 'mus' in my name that makes everyone think I'm a man! Either that, or it's my Mars in 1st house conj ASC and Aries cusping my 3rd. I'm not that aggressive in writing am I? ^_~

Saturn in 8th rocks! I don't care if the books tell me I'm going to die of terrible chronic diseases, and never have any money :p That's such rot.

lunalafey

good CAPI post

Very nice description of a Capi, isthmus.
but you did not mention the "I USE" part to the beast.
Caps are not traditionally known as the most
amourous of signs. However, they are usually
credited for getting the job done

Now this is NOT to be confused with one who takes advantage in a bad way...though there are those capi's out there that are quite good at being an opprotunist.
But in getting the job done; capi's apply every bit of knowlege and ability to the max, hence "I USE".
As mentioned before, capi's fall prey to the emotional burden of limitations, when these two things find themselves together...OH boy. Because Capi's have the "I USE" there is no sense to say it can't be done. Capi's are about being resouceful, they see and know there are things out there that can be used to change the situation. And we are stubborn, so don't try and stop us....

Moongold

Re: to moongold

isthmus nekoi said:
I think it's the 'mus' in my name that makes everyone think I'm a man! Either that, or it's my Mars in 1st house conj ASC and Aries cusping my 3rd. I'm not that aggressive in writing am I? ^_~

Hi Isthmus,

It's odd, isn't it? I don't think your writing is aggressive at all. In fact, without dwelling on it too much, I thought you might have been a gay man. Your writing and your enthusiasm for astrology grab the reader and that is all that matters.

Capricorn? Although I'm Sagittarian my birthday is 2 days away from Cap. and I've always felt its influence. Capricorn is my Ascendant.

One of the books you recommended, Arroy, suggests that the planet associated with the rising sign is so important that it rules the chart. He also suggests that the place of this planet in the natal chart is really important.

For me that is Saturn on the cusp of the 9th House (I'm beginning to understand why my life has always seemed a bit on the EDGE (LOL). Too many cusps. Saturn is trine Sun so they work well together I think. Sagittarian fire balanced with Saturnine structure. The fire is contained a bit. Sometimes the two have gotten out of balance. The 9th House is partly about identity and that, oddly enough, has been a life long issue for me as a gay woman in my generation and family of birth. I also have Mars in the 9th House and find that quite interesting given early comments in this thread regarding sexuality! LOL.

The little gems of information that are dropped along the way in these threads are what make them so interesting. You can't afford to miss anything.

Your comments about North Americans are interesting. The last three letters of AmerICAN speak for themselves. A few years ago the local Jung Society here reported on a global study done on measureble national attributes. Memory tells me that Americans really value the individual hero. They think it is OK to fall as long as you get up again and really admire that sort of bravery. The capacity of the INDIVIDUAL. It sort of fits with your observations.

My Saturn is telling me to get cracking now or I'll be late for work.

Cheers,

Moongold

isthmus nekoi

Good point, lunalafey... Saturn is associated w/structure, so well placed Saturns can give natives a good sense of structure, patterns, order and suchlike which is conducive to practicality and resourcefulness. And there's another place where Caps can get stuck - not being able to see beyond the structures, letting structures become rigid boundaries.

Moongold! You put the biggest smile on my face! b/c I've always had an interest in gay culture, have gay friends, support gay rights and am very private about my sex life, ppl often wonder if I'm bi/homosexual. But this is the first time I've been suspected of being a gay *man* :D

I've also read elsewhere about the importance of the ASC ruler. Mine's double Saturn b/c on top of ruling my sun, it's the traditional ruler of Aquarius. Actually, I like this notion of Saturn reality checks when a) the concept of 'reality' is quite a subjective thing b) my own reality checks take really unbelievable forms ie. dreams, art. Must be that 8th house vibe w/my Saturn. Or maybe it's the sun square saturn, but society's shared concept of reality often grates against my own.

Anyways, I'm so glad you're enjoying the group! Thanks for your thoughtful contributions :)

Moongold

isthmus nekoi said:
Moongold! You put the biggest smile on my face! b/c I've always had an interest in gay culture, have gay friends, support gay rights and am very private about my sex life, ppl often wonder if I'm bi/homosexual. But this is the first time I've been suspected of being a gay *man* :D

Hey Isthmus, I didn't say SUSPECT but THOUGHT !!!!

There is a difference which you would understand being aware of gay culture.

Cheers and laughter,

Moongold

isthmus nekoi

Ah, semiotics was never my strong suit :p

isthmus nekoi

more thoughts:

Saturn's supposed to rule bones (structure), skin (barrier) and the knees. What's up w/the knees?

I read somewhere that Caps have to learn to be brought to their knees in order to achieve those great heights which I suppose is related to my earlier post about Cap. In other words, Caps must be humbled in order to reach their great heights. The goat who overestimates itself on those rocky crags is liable to stumble and fall hard. This may point to the conservatism and fear principal Caps are notorious for.

Also, this sounds like more of a 12th house thing than a Cap, but w/my sun placement in both, I prefer respect over compliments any day. I don't think Caps are very taken by flattery, even if it's genuine. I like acknowledgement for my work, or help etc but I don't much care to hear comments like "you're so <positive attribute>" although I noticed this can really boost ppl's confidence. I also haven't celebrated my birthday since my mid teens. I've nothing against it though - who doesn't like a good get together w/friends? I just don't feel more obligated to do something special than any other day. (I'll gladly accept $ on my bday though, practical earth sign that I am :)) I think this is more 12th influence though b/c it seems to me Caps like to be recognized!

Moongold

Re: to moongold

isthmus nekoi said:
Saturn in 8th rocks! I don't care if the books tell me I'm going to die of terrible chronic diseases, and never have any money :p That's such rot.

I just read this again Isthmus, and had a major insight LOL. Do you have Saturn in the 8th too? Given Saturn's fondness for structure, it might mean that we have great monuments built to us after we die of terrible chronic diseases? As your name looks a bit Greek, it's far more likely to happen to you than to me (the monument I mean).

PS How do you get those little icons to appear in the text of a post?

Moongold