Suggestions for a 'deep' meditative deck?

fall_guy

I'm thinking of buying the Roots of Asia deck (for meditative study), but before I go ahead, I wonder if anyone can suggest any alternatives?

I'm looking for similar type of artwork - i.e 'deep' suggestive imagery, not necessarily for reading but for 'losing yourself' in the artwork.

I know about the Osho Zen and Haindl. Are there any other good ones out there?

thanks.

Aulruna

I strongly recommend the Margarete Petersen. It really has a complete world of its own in every single card.

Morwenna

firecatpickles

Hi fall_guy, do you do new deck readings with your decks? I do, and the deck tells me what to expect or what it expects from me. I use the 1JJ Swiss for meditation purposes simply because the new deck reading I did with it told me so.

K:spade:K

Strange2

I have found the Tarokado deck to be good for contemplation. It has very intricate artwork, composed of intersecting dimensions, odd geometries, and enigmatic figures. You can definitely get absorbed by the artwork in this deck.

NightWing

Meditative Tarot Decks

You might want to consider the Tarot of the Spirit, which also has a hefty book for it. The somewhat impressionistic artwork borders on abstract upon some cards, adding depth to the images.

Other decks not mentioned so far but under-rated (IMHO) when meditation is considered include: Tarot of the Imagination (LS), Navigator's Tarot of the Mystic SEA, and even the Crow's Magick Tarot. Of course, the artwork may not appeal, so check them out online. These latter three all have something of an edge to their fairly contemporary-styled art.

Best wishes on your search!

fall_guy

Thanks for all your suggestions.
I'm veering towards the Margarete Petersen deck. It's the type of artwork/style that appeals to me.

Morwenna - I've read your review of it on tarotpassages (at least I think it's yours!). You've mentioned that Petersen wanted to 'enforce female energies in the deck' and that she's renamed/re-worked some of the cards to fit with this (e.g the hermit, chariot, magician etc).

In your opinion, does this unbalance the deck? I'm not keen on decks that feel that anything masculine is wrong and I'm hoping the artwork works on a neutral/universal level, rather than focusing on the feminine side.

It's also rather expensive and I'm not sure why the swords and wands have been renamed feathers and flames (perhaps once again biased to the feminine side?).

Thanks again all - Please keep on suggesting other decks!