Sun as monthly card

cherryberry

I was searching a bit for the sun here but couldnt find too many threads about it, yet I think I might be missing some messages - considering it is a major and no card is only positive or negative.

Here are my thoughts (and they apply to my personal situation as well) It appears that the Sun means that a time of darkness is over, where one cant see a situation clearly. As the shadow card is the Hermit, I believe its a revalation card saying one connected to the inner self and is closer to being clearer about ones personality. The negative side 'could' be not being too full of oneself, but is it really? I'd say thats only if its in a warning position?

BEcuase if one is clear about oneself, and that true happiness comes from doing the right thing and being aware of it - than thats the message, is it not? Remembering this.

Or am I simplifying things too much? :D Any other ideas for the card and what lessons I need to learn from it over the next month!!

le fey

I sometimes see this card as one of Fame and Acclaim... you've earned it, and it feels great, most certainly comes with its perks, but it also has its downside. (If you live in the spotlight, privacy is hard to come by....too much Sun and you it's easy to get burned).

crazy raven

le fey said:
I sometimes see this card as one of Fame and Acclaim... you've earned it, and it feels great, most certainly comes with its perks, but it also has its downside. (If you live in the spotlight, privacy is hard to come by....too much Sun and you it's easy to get burned).

Also if we are too boastful and proud, we will find its opposite.....conflict.

Another thought for this card, it could be you will become aware and enthusiastic of the direction you want to go either in life or with a project or a relationship, a job, etc. . If it feels good, happy and joyful, and you're making progress, stay on its path.

The sun is also associated with gold in all its forms....you may feel enticed to redecorate your home and in turn want family and friends over to enjoy and share in your happiness. Perhaps you may also receive a beautiful gift from a friend, lover, admirer, etc....

There may even be a day(s) you may act on the spur of the moment, taking just yourself or your family on a surprise trip of some sort.

It also may be a time of self-love. Where you will look at who you are on the inside and express it heartedly on the outside.

cr

thorhammer

I see it as a very natural progression from the Moon, that the figure on the horse (depending on the deck, of course) is riding out of the darkness having hunted down their demons. The mystery and uncertainty, the consternation on the face of the Moon (deck-dependent), the swirling emotions and inner turmoil; it's all behind you and now it's up to you to begin to act in a more mature way, utilising the wisdom gained in that "long dark [night]time of the soul" (if I may paraphrase Douglas Adams).

\m/ Kat

willowfox

Sun indicates success, enlightenment, clear thinking, friendships and happiness, vitally and good health, optimism.

Sun Rx failure, lack of clarity, poor health and unhappiness.

cherryberry

crazy raven said:
Also if we are too boastful and proud, we will find its opposite.....conflict.

Another thought for this card, it could be you will become aware and enthusiastic of the direction you want to go either in life or with a project or a relationship, a job, etc. . If it feels good, happy and joyful, and you're making progress, stay on its path.

indeed I am very happy in my job at the moment :D think it complements me and challenges me just to the right amount. Very good, very good!
crazy raven said:
The sun is also associated with gold in all its forms....you may feel enticed to redecorate your home and in turn want family and friends over to enjoy and share in your happiness. Perhaps you may also receive a beautiful gift from a friend, lover, admirer, etc....

couldnt be closer to the truth! I just bought my first flat and I am decorating everything that can be painted, fixed, changed and love it. I am doing a DIY course and learn about interior design so thats very much at the forefront at the moment too :)
crazy raven said:
There may even be a day(s) you may act on the spur of the moment, taking just yourself or your family on a surprise trip of some sort.
hihi, I am indeed visiting my family in the upcoming month (they live in a different country) not a big surprise as it is planned since a few months, but still
crazy raven said:
It also may be a time of self-love. Where you will look at who you are on the inside and express it heartedly on the outside.
cr

i think I indeed get closer to that, so it is a lovely encouragement

cheers crazy craven!!!

cherryberry

le fey said:

very true, I will keep it in my mind over the next month. At the moment I still have a good balance! :)

cherryberry

thorhammer said:
I see it as a very natural progression from the Moon, that the figure on the horse (depending on the deck, of course) is riding out of the darkness having hunted down their demons. The mystery and uncertainty, the consternation on the face of the Moon (deck-dependent), the swirling emotions and inner turmoil; it's all behind you and now it's up to you to begin to act in a more mature way, utilising the wisdom gained in that "long dark [night]time of the soul" (if I may paraphrase Douglas Adams).

\m/ Kat

yes, I think so - thats why I had to smile when the card came up. I was indeed in turmoil the last weeks -it just came suprisingly, and I questioned loads of things, forgetting about focusing on the things I 'can' change and not the ones I cant. And I was getting frustrated that I went back to my old habits, for no apparent reason! But I 'trained' myself again to not dwell on the uncertainties!!

balenciaga

Hermit - Sun
Dig deeper within yourself and you will find clarity and truth. The Sun is a "lucky card" as is the World. Meaning, they are fortuitous cards; they bring good things. In your case you will find them within yourself.:) Finding an inner truth to live by is good advice.:)