Surprising, unexpected or alternative card meanings

EnriqueEnriquez

Ros, Thank very much for sharing that story.

Actually, I have had the opposite experience: a guy really wanting for me to tell him that he was gay. So, in the course of a reading, he described his encounters with several diviners around the world, and he resumed their uncanny powers by saying: “they told me right away I was gay.”

When he left, I could feel that he was somehow disappointed because I never stated the obvious.

poivre

AND:laugh:
last night a lady wanted a reading.
I think she has someone else she is interested in.
Trying to find a new job and the relationship she is in,
she understands that it is over. She had a friend come to
visit her this week, and you can't see her eyes for the smile
on her face. She told me that she has done something
way out of her character.
So, I'm thinking she has fooled around with her friend but
I really don't know.

The first card she picks...
The Devil,
and she laughs, as she says that she is trying to
do things differently.

The I do another spread and asks her to pick just one
card, and it's The Devil. It just kept getting funnier for her.

I guess the Devil made her do it! :laugh:

But now I'm beginning to see how the Devil plays apart in
the Sex or personal issues instead of just the bondage part
of a situation.

euripides

Interesting story, Ros!

I'm discovering something interesting. With a reading I did for a friend by email, I had quite strong intuition about some cards. She said 'oh, well that would be such-and-such' suggesting something rather closer to the 'standard' reading of the card (sounding like she'd looked it up, actually, and decided that was a lot more comfortable than my interpretation. She isn't a Tarot reader.)

So that kinda left me wondering a bit... I actually wonder if in a little while she'll look back and see that I was right...she just didn't want to hear it. But then I don't know - should I be trusting this rather erratic intuition of mine or am I being egotistical and not listening to what the cards really say? But then, sometimes I wonder about the book definitions, the standard set of interpretations... I mean, wasn't that someone else's intuition at some other time?

That's where this shared, interactive resource is wonderful... like our knowledge of Tarot here builds and changes, our different experiences blending together to broaden or refine our understanding of the cards...

ah, sorry... its late, I'm waffling!

Euri