Tarocco Dell Orror Restamped?

Dusk Till Dawn

I had this on my Wish list for long. I just received my Copy of it, and when I opened the Box, I noticed that my Deck is Number 54 of 300?
It has an extra card:
RISTAMPA 300 esemplari un originale di Gianni Maiotti 1987.
Milano 2009.
Underneath that card, I find 54/300, and the 2500 crossed out.
Milano 1987.
So my Question is, why is nowhere mentioned that there was a reissue of 300 in 2009, or am I understanding this wrong?
Also, I only have lift Top box, no ribbons, I saw that mentioned somewhere, so I think I only got a Re-issue.
For those of you that have the Deck, what does it say on your Card where the Number is?
I dearly love the Deck, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this?
I appreciate your help.

gregory

I don't know about the numbers - though I know sometimes they did separate numbered issues in Europe and the EU; mine is 226 of 2500, and was bought when it came out, so no extra numbers at all. Strange- there is nothing on their site about this. You could email.

But they are known for varying the packaging between boxes and ribboned "books" - it has been mentioned here about many of their decks. Both are beautiful.

Dusk Till Dawn

Yes, I e-mailed Christina, I am curious about that . The Backs are the same, but if it is a reprint, how come the original 2500 is crossed out?
I looked all over the web about it, can't find out anything. I feel like I made a huge mistake here.

gregory

No-one buying an Il Meneghello deck made a mistake. :D It's a great deck.

If it is a knock off, that would be a shame for you, I guess, depending on how much you paid - but - it is still a great deck.

Dusk Till Dawn

gregory said:
No-one buying an Il Meneghello deck made a mistake. :D It's a great deck.

If it is a knock off, that would be a shame for you, I guess, depending on how much you paid - but - it is still a great deck.
After doing some research, I totally overpaid. That's the shame about it.
If it is a Knock -OFF, I guess that truelly will put the O'rror in it. Wouldn't it?
The cards feel as wonderful as my other Meneghello Decks, that's the strange part of it. It has the Wax stamp and everything.

Gerbear

My copy is 2010 / 2500. There is no extra card and it has the ribbon tied box. It seems that it would be very hard to make a profit from a Meneghello copy.

Dusk Till Dawn

I didn't think it was a copy. I am wondering about the editions. The 1987 is on the Box, and 2009 is also on the box. It has an extra Card Ristampa.. , and then the Numbered card, and there the 1987 is crossed out, and a 300 added.
I was wondering, if there was a reprint in 2009, and why it is mentioned nowhere.
For the Price I paid, if that was a reprint, I believe he made Profit.

photokat

Seeker*13* said:
I was wondering, if there was a reprint in 2009, and why it is mentioned nowhere.

Probably because it's hard to keep out with over 4500+ (estimated, could be more) tarot decks in the world.

There is no accurate library of all decks in existence.
Tarotgarden might be a rough guide but that's about it. Adam is working on a database but that's only for the decks he owns.

Mine is 285/2500.

photokat

Gerbear said:
It seems that it would be very hard to make a profit from a Meneghello copy.

I agree completely.