Tarocco delle Vetrate--comments???

lunakasha

I have been drooling over the images of this new deck....the rich coloring, the visual appeal of stained-glass....it is just so beautiful.

I wanted to ask if anyone here has the deck, and if so, what are your thoughts and opinions??? Is it a good "reading" deck??? I am wondering about the pips, since they seem to be decorated but not fully "illustrated" in the same way a RWS-style deck would be.

Looking forward to hearing more about the Tarocco delle Vetrate....

:) Luna

Asher

Stunning...

is the best word I can use to describe this deck.

There is an amazing amount of detail in all of the cards, especially in the Cups and Swords. The Minors are, in fact, decorated, not illustrated in the sense of fully developed scenes.

The colors are absolutely vibrant! The thin black broders draw your eyes into the beautiful illustrations.

I got mine several years ago, in a small metaphysical shop in Scottsdale, AZ (which no longer exists); the deck still has the wonderful incense smell which permated the shop. It brings back some nice memories.

I have not read with the deck, (although I pull it out fairly often to gaze at) but now that Luna has brought it up, I think I will give it a try. Thanks, Luna, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Asher

lunakasha

Asher said:
I got mine several years ago, in a small metaphysical shop in Scottsdale, AZ (which no longer exists); the deck still has the wonderful incense smell which permated the shop. It brings back some nice memories.

I have not read with the deck, (although I pull it out fairly often to gaze at) but now that Luna has brought it up, I think I will give it a try. Thanks, Luna, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks Asher....stunning is definitely the word that came to mind the first time I laid eyes on this deck....for some reason I thought this was a new deck coming out, but I guess not! It is at the top of my wishlist....

I hope you enjoy reading with it as much as admiring it, Asher!!!

NightWing

A Superb Deck

I got the T. delle Vetrate some time back, and have always found the images entrancing. In fact, I like to just take them out and look at them, leafing slowly through the deck. As far as readings, well, you have to treat it much as you would a Marseille deck. This is one deck of my collection that I have never regretted getting even for one moment! I hope you enjoy it. It really is lovely.

Scion

Hey Lunaksha,

YES!! The Vetrate is a thrilling deck with which to work and read. Dazzling images and a real intelligence in Scapini's interconnected designs of the entire deck... small details that recur and form meaningful connections between cards... intuitive use of color and flow. Like stained glass, light seems to pass from behind them, so that each image takes on a completely different character in light of a different spread.

You're right about the "decorated" pips but they're surprisingly easy to read (even before I started using the Marseilles) because of the careful colorig and sense of movement. And the readings are (to stretch the metaphor) crystal-clear, sharp-edged, and multifaceted.

A superb deck. I fully encourage a purchase here. :)

Scion

lunakasha

Scion said:
... small details that recur and form meaningful connections between cards... intuitive use of color and flow. Like stained glass, light seems to pass from behind them, so that each image takes on a completely different character in light of a different spread.

You're right about the "decorated" pips but they're surprisingly easy to read (even before I started using the Marseilles) because of the careful colorig and sense of movement. And the readings are (to stretch the metaphor) crystal-clear, sharp-edged, and multifaceted.

A superb deck. I fully encourage a purchase here. :)

Scion

Ooooooh Scion....you're not trying to TEMPT me now, are you??? ;) LOL

Well, it's working....I can just imagine how beautiful they are to hold, because even the scans are gorgeous, and in my experience they never do justice to the "real thing". Gotta save my pennies, hehehe....

Thanks everyone for your comments....I'm hooked!!!

GeorgiePorgie

Lunakasha, I notice this deck is now in your profile. It is something I salivate over regularly. So I am wondering (I hope you haven't covered this elsewhere, I did a brief search) if I can ask the same questions (sort of) about this deck:
do you use it often?
does it give a good "read" or is it just something you linger over for the enjoyment of the art?
would you recommend it to others as Scion, NightWing and Asher have recommended it here?

Citrin

So beautiful!
I've been trying to get this deck for a year or more now, but it's not available in my esoteric store or the places I shop online. :(

jackdaw*

It wasn't for me either - Dal Negro decks seem to be very hard to find in Canada. It was this deck that first led me to Tarot Garden. I love it - it was this deck that helped reconcile me to the suit of Swords, which is for me usually my least favourite suit. But it is the most beautiful in this deck!

lunakasha

GeorgiePorgie said:
Lunakasha, I notice this deck is now in your profile. It is something I salivate over regularly. So I am wondering (I hope you haven't covered this elsewhere, I did a brief search) if I can ask the same questions (sort of) about this deck:
do you use it often?
does it give a good "read" or is it just something you linger over for the enjoyment of the art?
would you recommend it to others as Scion, NightWing and Asher have recommended it here?

Hey GeorgiePorgie, just noticed your post! ;)

Yes, since my original post I have added this deck to my collection, and it is absolutely stunning in person. The scans really do not do it justice, even though they are very pretty and colorful. I should also mention that this deck got me *hooked* on Scapini....I am now a huge fan of the Medieval Scapini deck (which I had never really looked at before) and plan to add his Romeo/Juliet and Lukumi decks as well.

I am sorry to say that I have not used this deck as often as I should.....just have not devoted enough time to it. In fact, your posting here has reminded me to take it out again and appreciate its beauty. Beautiful yes....but also an excellent reading deck, as Scion, Asher and others have mentioned. I have used it for daily card drawings, meditations and a couple of more in-depth readings, and I found them very easy to read with. The LWB is pretty substantial, but not absolutely crucial in order to read. There is so much detail to guide you along....I don't think you would be disappointed at all when/if you decide to purchase this one! (I got mine from tarotgarden BTW...excellent people to do business with!) Also wanted to mention that the quality of the deck is excellent....heavy cardstock, nice finish, perfect to shuffle....*sigh* I must go and get them now!!! :D

Thanks for reminding me how much I love this deck....