Tarot and the "mood" of the question

KMilliron

Amanda_04 said:
The Empress is so much more than that though, especially if you are following the "mood" of the card. Wouldn't the 6 of Cups or a Page have a stronger connotation to children?
It would but children isn't the issue is it? Mini babies are. :D
I see it as like a health question. So yeah you're healthy and fertile, but as for pregnancy I wouldn't feel right answering it without some clarifier cards.

Israel

I agree, and as expected from the consultant, the 6 of Cups, too, though less specific.

Amanda

KMilliron said:
It would but children isn't the issue is it? Mini babies are. :D
I see it as like a health question. So yeah you're healthy and fertile, but as for pregnancy I wouldn't feel right answering it without some clarifier cards.

bleudiamond said the Empress would be a "sign" of pregnancy since it's (the Empress) is so closely related to children. I'm just saying there are far clearer "signs" of children (and news-baring ones at that) that could indicate pregnancy if that's how she's looking at it.

KMilliron

Aaaah mini babies are more fun. Call a kid a mini baby. See how offended they get. ^^

Aces would be a beginning kind of indicator as well.

bleudiamond

Amanda_04 said:
bleudiamond said the Empress would be a "sign" of pregnancy since it's (the Empress) is so closely related to children. I'm just saying there are far clearer "signs" of children (and news-baring ones at that) that could indicate pregnancy if that's how she's looking at it.

Well, I mainly am thinking so in the spirit of the yes/no question "Am I pregnant?" Sort of a best answer given the information provided and by children I meant having them. :) I agree that there are better cards to indicate the news of pregnancy but without hindsight it would hard for me to see the Empress in a pregnancy question without any other cards and think not pregnant. If the question had been phrased as to her future well-being where in the questioner's mind good was defined as not pregnant, I would have seen the Empress differently. Then I would consider mood.
In reality, the Tarot was probably opening the floor up for discussion with the Empress.
In answer to the mood question I tend to read regardless of mood; of course the card placement makes a difference in whether mood is considered but in such a direct question, I wouldn't read it in regard to mood.

SunChariot

My personal view is that Tarot is not very good at yes/no questions, so I never ask them of the cards.

Babs

goddessof1967

Marina said:
Yes, it makes perfect sense! :)

But I wonder - how do I know if the Empress means "yes you are pregnant" or "no, your are fine"? The first answer would indicate that the cards simply answered my question, and did not tell me what I needed to know. In the second case, the cards are following the mood of my question.

How do you know if you are working in one way or another? Perhaps you define that prior to the reading? Or do you have to guess?

If I had done this reading for my friend, I admit I'd be very inclined to say that she was pregnant. But turn out she wasn't.

Crazy, uh? :bugeyed:
No, cause relating specifically to this question there was a time when I would ask that question every single month and quite often I got the Empress and wasn't pregnant. I took this to mean that the natural flow of female life was continuing. The Empress isn't only about pregnancy. Read up on it and also look at the pic on the card.

SunChariot

Actually in 7 years of reading I get The Empress a lot, and I have never had it mean preggnancy yet. But then again I have never asked about a pregnancy. And the cards mean what the reader senses they mean at the time.

Babs

Empath111

Marina, without reading the response, I just have to say this has been a LOT on my mind this past week. Even if I read for others or vice versa..I wonder if what you want/expect to hear influences the cars sometimes. Hard to tell<3

Empath111

Now I am reading through the responses and wonder if I answered your question correctly. I don't think you were asking what the Empress means related to pregnancy,or if yes/no questions were appropriate for Tarot. I was thinking you used that as an example...thinking if you "felt" something prior to a reading, would the cards be a refelction of what you are expecting them to say versus what the true message would be.

If that was your question, that's what I have been asking myself lately too. If I *want* to hear something favorable, will I pull a favorable card? or if I expect to pull a certain answer out, is that what I will pull? That's on my mind of late...