Tarot Artists/Creators. Can't live with. Can't live without them. Discuss.

wooden-eye

The ideal might be; wise, enlightened, learned, open-minded, not too young, empathetic, humble, have a good sense of humour and good sense and of-course be creative and a really nice person OR a professional illustrator for whom this is a brief to be full-filled, eg an in-house artist.

Sulis

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. What exactly are you asking about?

tarotbear

My, AJ! Those are unusual cards - a tad bit busy! I admit - I had to use the enlarge feature to find the magician's head - but I wouldn't mind owning it! {If I could magically make $200 plus shipping appear in my checkbook!}

Grizabella

Wow, that Bonefire is kind of like Pearls-of-Wisdom-meets-prison-tattoo-art-in-lurid-color or something, but I actually like it. Too bad it costs that much. Is it handmade decks and that's why the price is so high?

Disa

I think the price is for a painting rather than a deck?

poopsie

Yup, I agree with Disa ... I initially thought they were paintings before I realized they were tarot cards ...

incidentally, I'm lost on this thread ... what in the world was the question?

Disa

I have no idea what the question was- choosing between the lesser of two artists?

wooden-eye

Clarification- a more moment of your time?

Well that was a lesson for me in causing confusion; had I intended this I could scarcely have been more successful.
I was, in the original statement, attempting to illicit discussion on deck creators and their qualification and motivation to make a deck. I have picked up all kinds of tid-bits around the forum hinting at this, but I have not found a thread which brings it all together.
Now, I am obviously doing a deck myself- so there is my point of interest, but I was really trying to talk objectively on the subject rather than on my own work. Could I have posted the thread anonymously then this would have been ideal. So I tried to frame it as dispassionately as possible; as one might a purely academic question.
Sure- I realised when the deed was done that I had not achieved my aims (as I am sure I am not right now), but I was too knackered to fix it.
So can we talk about this without talking about me? You are a perceptive bunch.Those replies were like all the voices of reason coming at once, shining a light on my ill- communication.
To clarify on the website link- It is a gallery site from which I aim to sell my original artwork for the deck. $200 is the price per painting. It is currently the only place I have to show the work online. I was hoping to sell off the majors to fund the next bit.
When I self-publish in the first part of next year the deck will be priced at a very normal level- afterall this is me we're talking about and a diva I ain't.
On the subject of the feedback you did give. I love it! Grizabella -that is a great, one sentence description of the painting for the deck; though I was aiming at vibrant or saturated color (back-lit screens really hit those yellows), but I'll take lurid.
I posted over here because this is where you can be found.
I hope I have done a better job here. I am better with pictures than words; way easier to focus.

tarotbear

I hope I have done a better job here. I am better with pictures than words; way easier to focus.

Wooden-eye - don't judge us harshly! Your pictures are wonderful!

What was the question? LOL!!!