Tarot bags

Morgane_49

Hi, everyone!

I've had a couple of good ideas on making tarot bags, and would really like to post some pics. Am I able to do that without a paying membership? If so, how?

If not, I will try to provide another way for you to see them!

Recycled denim, sequins and fabric wrapping paper make some really cute bags! And what's more personal for your tarot deck than a pair of jeans you couldn't bare to part with?

zan_chan

you could just post the pics the pics on your blog, and we could click our way there through your profile, i suppose.

(or you could become an AT subscriber :) its fun to have an avatar picture, and so many wild and interesting things go on in the chat forum.)

AJ

That bag is way cute and suits the deviant somehow :) If the deviant's had a home it would be well worn.
Please post when you get the one done with the eye of Horus!

Morgane_49

I do want to become a subscriber, just as soon as we get back in the US and I am employed again!

I will bump the post when I add others to the blog!

Thanks, ya'll!

Today I picked up some fabric gift wrap at the dollar store - it's sheer and shimmery, but I really like the way it's working out if I line it. I can still see through the bag and see which deck is inside, which comes in really handy if your memory is as bad as mine!

I've got the sequined Eye of Horus done, just have to sew the bag together!

Cat*

Morgane_49 said:
Recycled denim, sequins and fabric wrapping paper make some really cute bags! And what's more personal for your tarot deck than a pair of jeans you couldn't bare to part with?
Heh, I also made a tarot bag out of an old pair of jeans a while back. :D Great minds think alike and such... ;) Mine houses my World Spirit deck. I keep thinking about embroidering it to add to the "hippie" feel but think I should have done that before I sewed it all together...

morticia monroe

Cat* said:
Heh, I also made a tarot bag out of an old pair of jeans a while back. :D Great minds think alike and such... ;) Mine houses my World Spirit deck. I keep thinking about embroidering it to add to the "hippie" feel but think I should have done that before I sewed it all together...

I did that as well...used some old bluejeans and made a wallet-fold type bag and then embroidered it with a Kokopele. It looks really good.

Morgane_49

Cat, I know what you mean...I didn't decide to add these sequins (on the first one) until after the bag was complete, and it wasn't easy...I made up lots of new words while I was doing it, and my fingers looked like pin cushions!

I'd love to see the ones you made, both of you!

I added some more to my blog this morning!

hippiewitchie

I love, love, love, the denim one with the sequin peace sign! I have made a few from denim myself, but all very plain, Yours are very snazy! I am saving my denim in a scrap bin to do a quilt one of these days.

The sequins look like embroidery in the Eye of Horus one, I had to do a double take!

Cat*

Morgane_49 said:
I'd love to see the ones you made, both of you!
Here's mine. :)

Attachments

• jeans.jpg
    jeans.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 76
  • jeans_worldspirit.jpg
    jeans_worldspirit.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 78