tarot book joy! :D

truthsayer

yesterday while i was out of town, i lucked into finding a used bookstore that had a bunch of tarot and other metaphysical books i've been looking for. the most exciting finds were 3 caitlin and john matthews books that i had given up for OOP or very difficult to obtain-"ladies of the lake" and "encyclopedia of celtic wisdom". my crowning glory is "the arthurian tarot course: a quest for all seasons" for $7!! this is the companion book to the "hallowquest" book. this one looks easier to get into than hallowquest. i think w/ both books i'll be able to get into the arthurian deck at last. the other matthews books should help me the celtic wisdom deck and celtic book of the dead oracle they did. i feel much better prepared to pursue my celtic interests now!!

i found "new age tarot: guide to the thoth deck" by james wanless. i didn't know that he had done anything other than the voyager deck and books. so far i like what i've seen of his approach to the thoth very much. he has some interesting self discovery/pathworking exercises. i wonder if how much his exploration w/ the thoth influenced his creation of the voyager.

i also found some books on shamanism and druidry that interested me. i definitely think i'll be going back there again. there was an i ching kit but i'm not really into the ching. but this may mean there's hope of obtaining a used deck or so there. :D :)
HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY! :) :)

Maan

I just love used bookstores!
I always end op spending more money than i have couse everything sounds soo cheap!

Enjoy your new book
Love
Maan

starfish66

Happy Dancing with you, Truth!

You go girl! It's always great to get a bargain - especially when it's something you really are interested in/want.

:TLOVE Starfish

Helruna

Oh you!!!

Darn it - how I envy you guys with all the great possibilities to go out there and find an English used bookstore... :(

Here in Germany I would seek forever to find anything like that... darn it...

Enjoy your books, Truth!! That sounds like a great deal to me!! Oh my, I turn green in the face b/c of jealousy - do you ever dare post such a thing again!!!

:D

BB,
Helruna

divinerguy

I find some old books out of the 70's inthe used bookstores. Its interesting to see what changes over time, and what does not.

Jenny-Li

Re: Oh you!!!

Helruna said:
Darn it - how I envy you guys with all the great possibilities to go out there and find an English used bookstore... :(

I second that, Helruna - the used book stores here don't have that kind of books at all. Heck, I'm lucky if I find a "regular" bookstore that does...!

Jenny :D

Helruna

Re: Re: Oh you!!!

Jenny-Li said:

I second that, Helruna - the used book stores here don't have that kind of books at all. Heck, I'm lucky if I find a "regular" bookstore that does...!

Jenny :D

Well, that is a little relief to me... so we can both stick our heads together and complain. :D

Where are you at that you do not have many bookstores that carry books like that? Germany is opening/has opened up in the last years. I know this feeling from where I lived starting to study the Tarot... <sigh> <shudder>

That's why I am so glad that I now have at least my "online bookstore"... it's not always used, but oh well, at least "more" than in the bookstores around here.

BB,
Helruna

Laurel

I live really close to some amazing used book stores, two of which have wonderous metaphysical sections. I love the feel of old used book stores, as opposed to chains. They're just so "homey".

Laurel

starfish66

Laurel said:
I live really close to some amazing used book stores, two of which have wonderous metaphysical sections. I love the feel of old used book stores, as opposed to chains. They're just so "homey".
I am so envious! The few used bookshops around here aren't very good (moldy and dark) and they wouldn't even think of selling metaphysical themed books.

:T5P Starfish

truthsayer

the used bookstores around here don't carry metaphysical books but i enjoy going to them just the same. i enjoy just about any place w/ lots of books!!!!!!

the bookstore i found is about 2 hours from home but at least i know one i can go to now! :) when others here talked about finding used decks in used bookstores i felt envious, too. i've seen it on both sides of the fence so i feel for those of you who aren't close to such a bookstore.