Tarot Books for a Library.

Rosanne

If you had the option to purchase a Tarot book for your local Library or would like to see a good selection there- what book would that be? My library has a few, but I have found out it has some really dumb and outdated ones. I would like to give them a well appreciated and read booklist to choose from in the next purchase round. Many thanks ~Rosanne

sweet_intuition

Hey Rosanne

These are some books which are on my wishlist. I hope they help you in making choices as to which books to buy for the Library

Keywords for the Crowley Tarot by Hajo Banzhaf and Brigitte Theler

The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards by Akron, Hajo Banzhaf, Aleister Crowley, and Frieda Harris

Tarot As Your Companion: A Practical Guide to the Rider-Waite and Crowley Thoth Tarot Decks by Hajo Banzhaf and Elisa Hemmerlein

Strategic Intuition for the 21st Century: Tarot for Business by James Wanless

New Age Tarot: Guide to the Thoth Deck by James Wanless

Tarot Tells The Tale by James Ricklef

Tarot: Get The Whole Story by James Ricklef

The Encyclopedia of Tarot
by Stuart R. Kaplan

Tarot Dictionary and Compendium
by Jana Riley

Living the Tarot (4th Edition) (Wordsworth Reference)
by Amber Jayanti

Tarot Unveiled: The Method to Its Magic
by Laura A. Clarson

Tarot Card Combinations
by Dorothy Kelly

Tarot For All Seasons
by Christine Jette

Tarot Shadow Work
by Christine Jette

The Shining Tribe Tarot, Revised and Expanded
by Rachel Pollack

Forest Of Souls
by Rachel Pollack

Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom
by Rachel Pollack

:)

Sweet Irish Angel

Hey

these are my fav too :)

The Encyclopedia of Tarot
by Stuart R. Kaplan

Tarot Dictionary and Compendium
by Jana Riley

Living the Tarot (4th Edition) (Wordsworth Reference)
by Amber Jayanti

my library dont have many either, think i will give them a list too hehe :)

Apollonia

My all-time favorite:
Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis

Nydia

The Tarot: History, Symbolism, & Divination
by Robert M. Place

gregory

Paul Huson: Mystical Origins of the Tarot

celticnoodle

don't forget these good ones too-
The Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett
&
It's all in the Cards by John Mangiapane

both are very good, but the 2nd one is my favorite.

Grizabella

I've asked three libraries about tarot books and why the lack of them in their libraries and do you know what each of them said? They told me that no matter how many times they stock in tarot books, they're always taken out and not returned. Therefore, they get tired of re-ordering because they lose money. Isn't that sad? It makes me sad because as a tarot devotee, it makes me and others look bad by reflection What that says about us, in reality, is that we're not an honest bunch of people. Of course, it may not even be any of us true devotees doing it, but that's what it must look like.

RaeBelle

Lyric, I wonder if in the situation you're describing it's people who object to Tarot who are taking the books. I believe something like that happened at my local library as a kid. People objected to some of the books the library had so they checked them out and never returned them. Honestly it sounds like something my dad would have done too, especially with Tarot.

RaeBelle

Rosanne, that's such a great idea for you to help them out.

I have "Tarot for Yourself" and "21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card" by Mary K. Greer . I'd recommend them both. And Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack is on my wishlist!