Tarot Correspondence Courses

angelfish

Can anyone suggest a good correspondence course?

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything about Paul Fenton-Smith's correspondence course (though his book was mentioned favorably). I've read his first book, The Tarot Revealed, so am thinking his course might be too remedial for me. I may just go in for his Master Class book for substantial savings and call it a day. But I was hoping someone out there might have tried his correspondence course and could give me their opinion of it.

Also, I'm interested in other courses that people have found valuable. I'm very interested in the TAROSOPHY HEKADEMIA TAROT DEGREE, but wonder if there are any others besides these two I've mentioned here.

I want opinions. What works and why? What doesn't work and why not? What courses are geared toward whom?

Thanks!

AJ

you will probably get better specific information if you put those names in the title.
The one size fits all answer to generic course querys is usually read AT :) But specific courses, or teachers, that will probably be a different subject all together.

But then I could be wrong and there will be 10 indepth answers here when I get up tomorrow!

angelfish

Maybe...

The problem is that those are the only two courses I'm aware of and I want to know if there are more. So, while I do want advice on those two, I'm also looking to find out if there are others. Kind of hard to put them in the title when I don't know their names.

dorfmeister

Just wanted to see if anybody had anything to add.

What do you think are the benefits to this approach compared to self study using books/websites/etc?

HOLMES

well

you pretty well can if you are willing to invest the money in it , build your own correspondance course.
example,,
2 books right now on tarot reversals
2 books on tarot court cards
2. a couple of books on tarot and numerology
mary k greer books if you are able to get them is a good tarot course in itself.
a couple of tarot and astrology books
a couple of books on tarot and kabbalah,
you could get lon milo book on crowley as a primer to study crowley itself.
a couple of books on tarot and inuition.
you got your tarot book on elemental dignities,, tarot counseling.

and you know you don't need all the books, read the reviews there on amazon, here on aeclectic in the book sectiona nd just get the best book of each genre and make it your tarot bible for a little while. also tarot passages which hasnt' been updated since 2009 has a lot of tarot book reviews as well.

and then you may also find that say tarot and numerology approach doenst' work for you,, or tarot and astrology doenst' work either..

in the end no one can really certifiy you to read the tarot,, they can help you learn the tarot, but the information comes from you as you learn to read the signs,, and build your own further interpation of the sign.s

bogiesan

Just wanted to see if anybody had anything to add.
What do you think are the benefits to this approach compared to self study using books/websites/etc?

You might also try to locate a local expert or teacher. Many tarot classes are available through new age emporiums, continuing or community education programs and other resources. They can be hard to find, of course, but if your city has an alternative newspaper that feeds the fringes you can probably locate some tarot practitioners and make some phone calls.

Darkness

I have read both of his books i find them absolutely brilliant! Tarot Masterclass is an absolute keeper!!!

Do you want to actually do the course?? i don't know if you can do it online, otherwise you have to go to Sydney or Melbourne in Australia, and they are quite pricey if i remember correctly. Otherwise the two courses are based on the above books! I was thinking about doing these myself as well!

Girl Archer

How about the Tarot School Correspondence course? Though it is pretty pricey, I must say..

I have of course, not done any correspondence course in Tarot myself. I have simply picked up a few books at shops and libraries, surfed the Web and fed myself info and worked myself through readings and clarifying stuff here on the Forum. That seems to be working for me, but that could only be since I don't intend to go commercial with this interest of mine :)

Good luck with whatever course you choose to take!

-G.A.