Tarot crisis

Yora

Wow! I LOVE your low-pressure tarot ideas. I also tend to succumb to self-inflicted "shoulds" and I think your suggestions are wonderful. I am going to try some. Thanks.

Mew too!!! ^o^ It's shake it up time!

moon_mermaid

I also just start to pick up the cards again after a long break. I am trying to re-learn and re-familiarize as well. I just read a few threads in Using Tarot card and realize that I do not 'remember' the cards and what they mean to me. I like Chiriku's approach too.

poopsie

there are moments I am also in the same boat ... The cards don't seem to be working, or I just do not seem to connect. In my case I rest and stop for awhile and do a reading at least every week. I do a reading for myself. I also search the net for other spreads or other areas of study that I can connect the tarot to such as numerology which I am into now ... And I have found my connection again. You may want to try sutyding something such as the runes just to renew interest and connection.

Lady Iron Side

There is one that I'm recently drawn to. It's CiroMs legacy of the divine tarot. I've always loved his artwork but haven't been drawn to buy the decks. But the legacy seems to be calling. I usually go for pagan type decks, like the druidcraft years ago, or Poppy Palins deck, etc. I recently picked up the Wildwood but have packed it away. I think the time isn't quite right for it, if that makes any sense ?

I have only read the first page of post. and felt that I needed to respond.

Just with reading your posts. I want you to ask your self why or where were you when you bought the wildwood?

reason is that I don't mind sharing this. for the reason that I hope it will help someone in need.

My dad passed on Aug 15, 2011. during that week Aug 15 - 25th, I was in a place where I was lost, all my current decks didn't speak to me the way I needed at this stage of my life. I asked my neighbor who was Native, that I would to talk with spiritual healer, shaman, chief. on Aug 25, I recieved a very devasting phone call. that afternoon I went to my fav store and low and behold there was the Wildwood Tarot, I bought it and the first card that came up for me was the 7 0f Vessels/cups which was "mourning" - the words in the interpretation of that card brought about all the emotions I was holding in. then I did a reading and all the cards that come up were so spot on it brought me back and is currently healing me. Love this deck for it came to me at the right time.

The Wildwood is a celtic - Astrological deck based on the 12 houses of the zodiac, with shamanistic traditions for spiritual healing, great for the times when you seriously really need it.

I feel that this is the deck for you at this time. Journaling will be very easy with this deck for it will take you down the path of memories, pick up when you fall etc. how to start your journal for this deck well do a reading, then with each card talk about the things that you've been through etc. for each card. The book has a lot of guidance which will truly bring you back to tarot. I did for me. Thks Wildwood.