Tarot Deck Boxes

Rob

blue_fusion said:
You know, this is easily remedied by putting the cards inside the box in 2 batches - the first batch to cover the annoying inside flap.

It's also easily remedied by designing a sturdy, thoughtfully designed box at minimal additional expense per unit. :p But yes, I see your point, it's not THAT bad to be careful and do it in sections.

diane drizzy

I like the new trend that some publishers are taking with putting decks into metal tins. I silently cheered when my Vanessa came like this. I only wish more decks were coming out like this.

Rob

diane drizzy said:
I like the new trend that some publishers are taking with putting decks into metal tins. I silently cheered when my Vanessa came like this. I only wish more decks were coming out like this.

Yeah, I got a Tarocco di Colombo that came in a metal tin, too...definitely nice and sturdy, easy to take the cards out and put them back, etc. Far preferable to a box.

I'm also a big fan of decks that come with bags, especially nice bags. The Touchstone Tarot is a good example, as is the BG Silver. Very nice.

Le Fanu

blue_fusion said:
You know, this is easily remedied by putting the cards inside the box in 2 batches - the first batch to cover the annoying inside flap.

Well, yes, obviously. But Ive got better things to do with my time than put the cards into the box in two batches when I could do it in one if they used better boxes.

Examples of good boxes; Scarabeo (no flap), Golden Tarot, 1JJ Swiss and those other "lift-off" boxes which Meneghello sometimes use. Doesn´t take much. I haven´t been lucky enough to get a deck in a tin yet, but maybe one of these days I´ll get one....

O and you got your BG Silver with a bag? Lucky you...(I didn´t...)