Tarot deck with every court facing left or right?

fallingstarheart

Recently I stumbled with a thread talking about elemental dignities and from there forward I got hooked on learning the OOTK spreads and found out that a deck with every court card that faces to either left or right are the best ones to use under this methodology of reading.

So far I've found that the Whare Ra deck is the one that has this characteristic, I have found out that several decks don't have it :( It seems this very thing will keep me from getting the silicon dawn from the time being (it would be perfect if the SD deck has this very thing but IDK!)

BTW, I'm relying on these videos from Marcus Katz at tarot professionals, pretty good stuff it seems.

http://www.tarotprofessionals.com/tarotarticles.html

MissJo

All my decks (Mystic Faerie, Deviant Moon, Archeon) have that characteristic... I love it. It's a lot more insightful in my opinion, you can really tell at a quick glance who's interested in what.

Like, I just did a reading with the Deviant Moon... King of Pentacles (me) was facing away from Seven of Pentacles (working on a relationship). I already knew I wasn't interested in continuing this relationship even though I cared about this person, but if I didn't know me, it would only take a quick glance to think "Hey, this person doesn't seem too interested."

The visualizations make things just a bit more simple!

For the record, this is only an example as to why I prefer my courts facing left or right.

fallingstarheart

Even though I have read very positive reviews on the deviant moon deck I can't seem to click with the art work to be honest, the art work is very good but the theme gives me the creeps, wish I could, considering all the talk about it. But it sure is more appealing to me than the archeon deck.

I watched all reviews at tarotoracle yt channel and one that seemed to have this feature is the universal fantasy deck. all good until the king of cups appeared, it's the only one looking straight at the front, hehe if only I could fool myself and consider the snake as the king looking to the left, even if it would be valid to see it that way I'm not sure if it would be a good deck to use in the OOTK but it sure is beautiful.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7O6GBjjJE8A/TVxF5YiNgeI/AAAAAAAAATQ/9zHMhY2M5d0/s1600/UFTKC.jpg

The faeries theme in general are not very appealing to me and I would not know if I could used it more easily than the deviant moon....

...Then we have the not so good looking regardie / wang deck... I thought the BOTA would fit but I've already seen all the scans, I suck at drawing stick figures and it doesn't even have all the courts facing sideways! The Book of kaos is also out, hell.... I'm guessing the majority of decks misses this thing.

So, which one do you consider to give better, clearer readings out of the three MissJo? Or should I ask: which one is more GD'ish? To be honest, in the begining I didn't think what you talk about would have any significance (let alone all the bits and pieces that makes up the OOTK) but now after researching and practicing for a while I'm seeing what you say more and more.

Aladdin

From practical experience if on the basis of a linear spread projection a court card at the beginning or end looks away from the spread, then either the querent or the subject of the querent is not interested in the question.

fallingstarheart

That's interesting Aladdin but I think the linearity is actually connected like a circle in the OOTK, sort of like a cycling motion.... not that I know exactly what I'm talking about, something along the lines of court counting and more.

Why am I getting the feeling that the pythagorean deck has what I'm looking for? It is not up to par artistically to lots and lots of decks out there but it sure is very intriguing what's in the book.

MissJo

Even though I have read very positive reviews on the deviant moon deck I can't seem to click with the art work to be honest, the art work is very good but the theme gives me the creeps, wish I could, considering all the talk about it. But it sure is more appealing to me than the archeon deck.
The Deviant Moon is a lot to swallow... it disturbed me a bit when I first came across it, though that was oddly part of the appeal.

I watched all reviews at tarotoracle yt channel and one that seemed to have this feature is the universal fantasy deck. all good until the king of cups appeared, it's the only one looking straight at the front, hehe if only I could fool myself and consider the snake as the king looking to the left, even if it would be valid to see it that way I'm not sure if it would be a good deck to use in the OOTK but it sure is beautiful.
Is that the only court who is looking straight? I would say that it wouldn't make that much of a difference then, who knows... it could even be a good thing! And the card looks beautiful, I assume the rest of the deck is as well.

The faeries theme in general are not very appealing to me and I would not know if I could used it more easily than the deviant moon....

...Then we have the not so good looking regardie / wang deck... I thought the BOTA would fit but I've already seen all the scans, I suck at drawing stick figures and it doesn't even have all the courts facing sideways! The Book of kaos is also out, hell.... I'm guessing the majority of decks misses this thing.

So, which one do you consider to give better, clearer readings out of the three MissJo? Or should I ask: which one is more GD'ish? To be honest, in the begining I didn't think what you talk about would have any significance (let alone all the bits and pieces that makes up the OOTK) but now after researching and practicing for a while I'm seeing what you say more and more.
I'll just discuss all three. First, the Archeon... if you're looking for clear readings avoid it. I view it as a powerful deck, but it's not clear at all. It points you in the right direction, but it leaves a lot of room to wonder. Good for art and ventures where you have to use your imagination and listen to your heart... but not good if you want a clear answer.

Both the DM and MF give clear and insightful readings... I couldn't tell you which is more clear though, they're about the same. The differences is the way they deliver the readings and what they excel in.

The MF is a gentle, psychic and positive deck. Not that great when it comes to situations involving logic, but great when you're dealing with a lot of unknown. The general faerie theme may be all cute and flowery... but while flowers are present I see this a rather serious deck that is more than capable of tackling tough and painful issues in an inviting and gentle way, and it doesn't sugar coat it.

The DM is the deck to go too if you want a more logic-based reading. It isn't as versatile, gentle or inviting as the MF, but when it is in it's element it's an extremely useful deck. It works best with painful situations/subjects you seem to be stuck in. It's like a surprise... it looks dark and disturbing, but is actually encouraging, light and fairly gentle. I wouldn't recommend it for more sensitive/easily offended sitters, but if you're able to look past initial dark and creepiness you'll have yourself a insightful, clear deck with a surprising sense of humor.

I find that the DM is easier to read than the MF, but as I am a nature lover I am more inclined to use the latter rather than the former.

annabel398

A vote for Universal Fantasy

I've only had this deck a few weeks, but I must say it is really speaking to me. It is a mercurial deck, and maybe it's just me but it seems to throw out a lot of swords and majors. Like it's saying "here it is, I'm spelling it out for you, pay attention... Or not!" Beautiful art, too... the kind that makes you wish it had an oversized edition.

Sorry, getting sidetracked ... What I was going to say is that I did a reading yesterday where two courts were looking at each other. The Queen of Swords was laying a very penetrating stare on the King of Pentacles, whose body was turned away from her but whose face was looking over his shoulder at the Queen with this worried expression, like "...busted!" It was so expressive! It seems the subject of the reading has been named in a lawsuit at work (something labor-related)...

The Universal Fantasy is readily available and inexpensive. I think you should give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

--Annabel the UF tout