Tarot has stopped working

Vixen

Hi,
I'm sorry if this is the wrong area to write this but here goes. I have used tarot cards since i was 17 (im 26 now) and they have always been accurate. I normally intuitively know what the cards are trying to tell me, they've always been accurate for me, and that's why i've enjoyed tarot so much. Using the cards and meditating on problems to find solutions is something that always sat well with me. However in the last three months it's like they've just stopped working. they've predicted things inaccurately on a big scale twice, like an important event i was going to i got outcome of 6 of wands, 9 of cups, ace of pentacles and the night was a disaster. Has anyone ever felt like they've lost their ability to read, or could understand why this would happen.
thanks
vixen.

Kgirl

Hi Vixen

Yes my first instinct would be that the night would be a success going by those cards. The only other explanation could be if you read the effect of the Fire energy of the Six of Wands onto the Nine of Cups.

However, I do get a self-centred/ ego vibe here with these cards and that perhaps someone was too proud or too stubborn to put some effort into something. So perhaps there was an overindulgence in food or wine? Or perhaps someone was smug or acting greedy and fell short in how they prepared for the night? (Nine of Cups i-d)

Scarlotsmiles

Do you use reversals in your readings, I always think there are clues, sometimes things we just don't see & hidden meanings in the cards, not knowing the full reading & all the cards its difficult to have a stab in the dark & see if anyone of us in the forums could see if you may have missed something or misinterpreted something. If the negative aspect of those 3 cards were read you could say that the outcome was as predicted also I always feel the other cards in the reading will have something of an infuence as to how to interpret certain cards in certain positions. Maybe if you posted the full reading.

I wouldn't say you've lost you ability, more that you've become comfortable & the tarot is deciding to challenge you more. Why don't you try a reading on it & ask why you feel you have lost your ability to read the cards.

Sorry that this isn't much help, try to stay positive.

Scarlotsmiles

Thats a good answer Kgirl & got me thinking, maybe someone got victory (6 of wands) over another that was wishing (9 of cups) for the ace of pentacles. Perhaps the 6 of wands represents someone & the 9 of pentacles represents someone else - maybe this would be the querant.

Legion

Usually, a lost ability is a result of stress, illness, or sorrow. Talk to a friend. try to see if you are actually feeling fine. Perhaps even ask a friend to read you, just to find out how to regain your ability.

Alternatively, you can be interpreting the cards strangely. This is usually helped by continously doing readings on yourself, and reading some about tarot symbolism, to get a clearer view of the meanings. You can also just pull a card att random, look at it, and meditate over it's picture, meanings, etc.

Third option, You've been reading too much. This is related to the Stress factor (see above).

mahafrins

Hi,
I'm sorry if this is the wrong area to write this but here goes. I have used tarot cards since i was 17 (im 26 now) and they have always been accurate. I normally intuitively know what the cards are trying to tell me, they've always been accurate for me, and that's why i've enjoyed tarot so much. Using the cards and meditating on problems to find solutions is something that always sat well with me. However in the last three months it's like they've just stopped working. they've predicted things inaccurately on a big scale twice, like an important event i was going to i got outcome of 6 of wands, 9 of cups, ace of pentacles and the night was a disaster. Has anyone ever felt like they've lost their ability to read, or could understand why this would happen.
thanks
vixen.

Tarot stops working shuffle the cards. There must be a lot of things in your head clear it up so you feel better to read.

tarotbear

It's called 'Tarot Burn-out.' Many of us experience it at some time or another. It is only temporary, but still annoying when it happens.

Some people put down their deck and walk away from it - for a day, week, month, and sometimes longer ... sometimes you just need to take a break!

DownUnderNZer

OMG....I dont want to go through tarot burnout, but I must say sometimes I dont touch the cards for days on end so maybe that makes a difference.

I dont think we can ever be 100%.

Maybe this is teaching you something important as in some answers are not meant to be given through cards/spirit/divination etc, and that some things are meant to be a human experience, also that no one is perfect. Got to be less hard on yourself and just be aware that sometimes we get it wrong...not the end of the world on the most part.

Best of luck! :)

Vixen

i want to say thank you to everyone who responded, all of you made very interesting points and it has made me feel better.
I think it is a mixture of things, probably over-reading and not being in the right mind frame.
sometimes i tend to keep repeatedly pulling clarifying cards when i shouldnt.the 9 of pentacles maybe did represent me that night come to think of it.

i am experiencing tarot burn out and am going to take a break from them for a while,
i particularly liked this idea someone mentioned:

Maybe this is teaching you something important as in some answers are not meant to be given through cards/spirit/divination etc, and that some things are meant to be a human experience.

carmenca

Maybe this is teaching you something important as in some answers are not meant to be given through cards/spirit/divination etc, and that some things are meant to be a human experience.

While I don't want to discourage this at all, one thing that helps me is to use a summary card,

Hi,
they've predicted things inaccurately on a big scale twice, like an important event i was going to i got outcome of 6 of wands, 9 of cups, ace of pentacles and the night was a disaster.

These cards add up to 16/The Tower, "disaster."

If you don't use reversals the individual cards could have just been an indication that your hopes were set really high, with a good chance of a positive outcome.