Tarot in Vogue!

FantasyWorld

baba-prague said:
Yes, by the time I got to the goat shot I was helpless with laughter.

What a sight that was})

BodhiSeed

Elly Magritte said:
I thought the goat was the best dressed of them all!
Got to agree with you there Elly!

Maybe someone forgot to tell the Vogue editor that this was the "What to wear trick-or-treating on Halloween" issue :D!

I think my husband would have a heart attack from laughing if I were to come home dressed in any of this stuff!

Bodhran

HearthCricket

Weird, but I have to admit, I have seen the fall catalogues for home furnishings, clothes and the like and that is exactly what is being portrayed. Skulls, Gothic looks, Bohemian clothes, witchcraft, all things pagan, crystal balls and spheres on coffee tables, Gothic candlesticks, etc. So, yes, this is very vogue. Let's not forget that music video with Madonna and Tarot. We are now very Vogue and in fashion! Maybe something good will come out of it. Maybe more people will get invovled with tarot and explore it without fear. Maybe the taboo of it all will finally go away! (Crossing eyes, fingers and toes!)

Poor goat, though. :(

Chronata

That's just plain goofy.

Although I will admit, that I have worn stuff like that barbed wire outfit on occasion...

Demon Goddess

Yurikome said:
I'm seriously wondering about the intentions behind this... Didn't they consider that someone could take offence? And, perhaps, sue them? It is Vogue after all, the fashion magazine... I know it's about fashion, but isn't it supposed to prove that fashion isn't about being shallow and, let's say it people - stupid?

We ain't exactly mainstream, you know... I doubt that anyone, especially Kate Moss's dressers gave one bit of thought to the fact that this might offend anyone... Blame JK Rowlings for this ridiculous spread.

Hearthcricket said:
Maybe something good will come out of it. Maybe more people will get invovled with tarot and explore it without fear. Maybe the taboo of it all will finally go away!

And maybe pigs will fly. I am sort of kidding. I enjoy the ability to live in a society where it's ok to be something other than Fundamentalist Christian, so I don't normally experience the "taboo" of it all. Would that this will help wake up some of those who fear it.

Chronata said:
Although I will admit, that I have worn stuff like that barbed wire outfit on occasion...

Me too... with the exception of the purple leggings, of course.

Little Hare

I dont think i've ever seen anything as stupid as that... what a bunch of w***ers... Who is there audience... school children?

ReclusiveOne

My eyes! My eyes!

And the goat! ...well, seriously folks, why are they picking on the pagans?? And if it had to be a celeb - why her? Why not Paul McCartney? And then there's the goat thing again. Questions upon questions. Cab or merlot?

Demon Goddess

ReclusiveOne said:
My eyes! My eyes!

And the goat! ...well, seriously folks, why are they picking on the pagans?? And if it had to be a celeb - why her? Why not Paul McCartney? And then there's the goat thing again. Questions upon questions. Cab or merlot?

Make mine a Chardonnay and we're talking.

ReclusiveOne

Demon Goddess said:
Make mine a Chardonnay and we're talking.

Okay, but I have my boundaries...dry and slightly fruity - no oak.

fferyllt

I wonder when fashion changed from art and style to cliche. These pictures are all stereotype, aren't they?