Tarot Of The Lepidopteran People

blue_fusion

I've been busy with work (i finally got a job!), this was one of the last things i was workin on (aside from my other decks) before i got busy with things. The thing is, I can't seem to stop! its just that when a new idea pops into my head, i have to execute it immediately lest it gets lost in memory. Oh well, i do intend to finish all of them, maybe when my muse whispers yet again to my ears. :)

here it is:

http://www.geocities.com/necromancer151/lepidopteran/lepidopteran.htm

:)

baba-prague

These are very pretty indeed. I like the Veronica best though (but then I like things with a touch of wittiness).

So - you HAVE to finish one of these you know! We are all waiting!

Though I think it's enjoyable also to see the variety of your new work :)

Congratulations on the job - hope it goes really well, but still leaves you some tarot design time.

Astra

Oh, wonderful! This is the first hanged man I've seen that is entirely positive - after all, if you're winged, being in "bat" position is probably incredibly comfortable. I'm a color freak, so they're playing inside my head as I write. CorelDraw on scanned outlines, or all handwork?

Astraea

These cards are charming, without losing depth as a result -- very good work. The Hanged Man is my favorite, as well.

blue_fusion

Astra said:
Oh, wonderful! This is the first hanged man I've seen that is entirely positive - after all, if you're winged, being in "bat" position is probably incredibly comfortable. I'm a color freak, so they're playing inside my head as I write. CorelDraw on scanned outlines, or all handwork?

ack. you caught me red-handed. i thought i would be able to pull off that purely handwork art look to it. alas, it was illustrated in paper and colored in Corel Photopaint. :)

Actually, Lepidoptera is the family of butterflies and moths. So that's the inspiration of this new deck i am working on. :)

Page

Tarot Artist

Very nice and bright!!

I do like the Hermit the best

Is this you forth deck? This shows that you like mega challanges
I can see a difference from your first deck and this one

Astra

blue_fusion said:
i thought i would be able to pull off that purely handwork art look to it.
I've never met anybody who could do a good pure gradient as well as a computer does - and if it comes out better than it can be done by hand alone, who's to argue?

blue_fusion

Maud: well, yeah, i like experimenting with different styles, and i think each deck i create should have its own unique aesthetic style to it. :)

Astra: well, it wsnt really that pure-looking a gradient that i wanted to achieve, that was why i used Corel instead of Photoshop. i like the effects iyts brushes can make.

lunalafey

My father was an entomologist. I follow in his footsteps for the love of the creatures. You have done absolutely wonderfully, beautiful with your cards. I can't wait to see more of them.....
I'm impressed with the program. When I get my new compter, I will have to get this program....

Alta

Really nice. I like that anime flavour then shaded over towards the tarot.
The figures are very intriguing and the 'look' of the whole thing is excellent.