tarot reading and energies felt by others

Ethereal

i have wonder about this for sometime now. is it possible to read about someone, and or a situation, and for them to actually be able to , *feel,* *pick up,* on the energies from a distance? almost like telepathic energies sent through a tarot reading? has anyone had any experiences where they have actually, *felt,* an energy around them and later was told another had read on them or a particular situation. i hope this makes sense, lol. just curious here and would love to hear others opinions/experiences with any of this. thanks!

Empath111

i have wonder about this for sometime now. is it possible to read about someone, and or a situation, and for them to actually be able to , *feel,* *pick up,* on the energies from a distance? almost like telepathic energies sent through a tarot reading? has anyone had any experiences where they have actually, *felt,* an energy around them and later was told another had read on them or a particular situation. i hope this makes sense, lol. just curious here and would love to hear others opinions/experiences with any of this. thanks!

Hmmm- interesting.
I haven't, but next time I get a read I think I'll focus more on how I feel around the time it may be done. All I've felt is energy from people I read for or about.
Cool question.

Ethereal

yeah, empath i thought that it was kind of a cool question, myself ;)
actually, i have felt that when reading on someone or a situation who was a distance from me, they actually, *did,* pick up on the energies. i got a out of the blue phone call, just to chat, or i *sensed,* they could feel the energies around the reading. hard to explain. but, i still do think it is something to ponder, you know?

Starshower

Is this any different from when you are thinking or talking about someone - or they about you? If so - in what way(s)?

I imagine that sometimes intense concentration on someone can transfer to them, possibly telepathically, but I'm not entirely sure it's not just 'selective editing' of experiences. x

Empath111

yeah, empath i thought that it was kind of a cool question, myself ;)
actually, i have felt that when reading on someone or a situation who was a distance from me, they actually, *did,* pick up on the energies. i got a out of the blue phone call, just to chat, or i *sensed,* they could feel the energies around the reading. hard to explain. but, i still do think it is something to ponder, you know?

absolutely. The only thing I have heard people felt (from me) from a distance was more like healing energy sent. Which of course is off topic from tarot. I also know when my son is pitching I try to send him calming energy and it has been pretty accurate that he focuses better and shakes things off better - overall he "hilds it together on the mound" much better. Again, off topic of tarot- lol- but it's energy.
I definitely think it's possible what you're asking and I think what you've felt is really interesting. . For me to feel it from another I would have to be really grounded probably- because who knows where else I could be picking up the energies from- like a magnet. LOL I have not had anyone say they have felt me when I read.

When I started her I'd do the newbie exchanges. One person had us face the cosen cards down, hand over the card and describe the "feeling".

I wonder if this would be an exercise (somehow- not sure how to set it up) that we could try here with reads and picking up what someone found in the reading...

Ethereal

i think that would be a great idea! trying to pick up what others found in the reading. very interesting, indeed! i think that tarot reading is actually energy, so others picking up your energy when reading about them or a particular situation, isn't to far fetched. at least i don't think so. like , *telepathic tarot.* don't want to go off tarot subject, but somehow i do think it's intertwined. after all, all things are composed of energy. just my thoughts on this ;)

bogiesan

When I was in college in the 70s we played a game called "Kreskin's ESP." We put serious energy and concentration and commitment into the game and, when that went nowhere, we got a sociology prof to help us create and run controlled tests using rigorous double-blinds and random elements. It all amounted to nothing. But I still had my tarot cards.
The skeptic in me asks that you quantify this feeling of yours somehow. Move beyond vagueness and faith to something tangible that you can control or rely upon. Otherwise it's just faith, might be something that you enjoy believing in but it's ephemeral. Not that my opinions need be of any consequence.

Grizabella

What's that thing where little bits of atoms or something like that communicate with each other over thousands of miles. Anyone know what I'm talking about? So since that's been proven, why wouldn't this be possible? I think it probably could happen, but I don't think it would be possible for someone to pick up on the feeling that someone else was reading for them.

What??? What did I just say? I don't think I should drink coffee after 5pm anymore.

But seriously, I really didn't contradict myself I don't think.

Empath111

What's that thing where little bits of atoms or something like that communicate with each other over thousands of miles. Anyone know what I'm talking about? So since that's been proven, why wouldn't this be possible? I think it probably could happen, but I don't think it would be possible for someone to pick up on the feeling that someone else was reading for them.

What??? What did I just say? I don't think I should drink coffee after 5pm anymore.

But seriously, I really didn't contradict myself I don't think.

Quantum Physics? Is that the word? :)

Empath111

When I was in college in the 70s we played a game called "Kreskin's ESP." We put serious energy and concentration and commitment into the game and, when that went nowhere, we got a sociology prof to help us create and run controlled tests using rigorous double-blinds and random elements. It all amounted to nothing. But I still had my tarot cards.
The skeptic in me asks that you quantify this feeling of yours somehow. Move beyond vagueness and faith to something tangible that you can control or rely upon. Otherwise it's just faith, might be something that you enjoy believing in but it's ephemeral. Not that my opinions need be of any consequence.
The study sounds very cool - and I love objectivity and I'm a science girl. What sort of ESP?
But since I have treated patients in a more "energetic way" - than typical traditional PT I have opened up to things that have not been proven. Is ethereal the word? I can't read anyone's thoughts for example- but I feel I can sense their feelings and if they are in the same room they may rub off on me (unless I really prepare to block). This really happens if I touch them (like I do in my work as a PT). Thus the signature name :) I have no scientific proof. Just people have verbalized (on occasion) what I have felt and it matches what I picked up. Not sure if I can always do it. I had a couple of strange experiences - one that stands out is I felt "normal"..just treating a patient without any emotions that were strong. Then out of the blue I felt like crying- I actually welled up it was so strong - (she didn't see - LOL). Then she told me of a friend who lost their child in an accident and she was very upset and teared up herself - seconds after. *Very* sad story. It was really strange as I felt it before she said it. That's one of the reasons that led me to learn more about things that are of this nature. It sort of blew me away and I didn't quite know what to "do" with it. Didn't feel comfortable sharing with my boss. LOL
No scientific proof. Just stuff like that. My son can tell if I'm sad even with my perm-a-grin. :D Others who I am close with (like my dad) - I would have to verbally say how I feel or it be so obvious it would have to knock him over the head for him to be able to tell:) LOL So I think some are more sensitive than others to certain things.

So at this point I would say it's more ethereal if I'm using the correct term- versus it being able to test in a scientific lab. Like you said- faith based. In my opinion of course.

but back to tarot (sorry!!) I think some sort of exercise with the cards might be fun.