Tarot shops in Paris?

Francesca

I am going to Paris for a week and wondered if anyone knows of any pagan or new age shops, or if there is even much of a prescence there.

Thanks,
Francesca

Aries2103

Hi Francesca,
Yes there are tarot and esoteric shops in Paris. As a matter of fact, I think new age has become more popular in the last few years, more than I remember when I was living there. Here are a few addresses (although I don't remember seeing books in English, I'm not even sure the owners speak English):
La Table d'Isis
3 rue Fontaine
75009 (9th district)
The metro is: Notre-Dame de Lorette

Gibert ésoterisme
23 Quai St-Michel
75006 (Metro St-Michel)

Librairie Inconnu
84 rue du Cherche-Midi
(Metro: Sèvres-Babylone)

Cygne d'Etang
102 rue Charonne
75011 (11th district)

I've never been to the last one. I don't have the phone numbers either. I looked up the metro station in a book whre you find all the streets. You can find some more information in the French white or yellow pages on the web.
I hope this helps,
Aries.

Gayla

Ohh..Paris is so beautiful. Enjoy..and going those shops will make it even for special. :)

Flavio

Aries2103 said:
La Table d'Isis
3 rue Fontaine
75009 (9th district)
The metro is: Notre-Dame de Lorette
Visited this one in February!

Is 2 or 3 blocks from Notre Dame, once you go inside at left hand there is a cabinet with crystal doors, I found the Tarot decks selection very much the same as Mexico shops it means imported Lo Scarabeo, Llewellyn, US Games and so.

There are interesting book sections, probably that is the most appealing offering of the shop.

Sakura Murasaki

Thank you for posting this!!! I am going to be visiting Paris for two days this summer before I visit my boyfriend in Europe! :D Very, very helpful, now I can suggest that we check out these places.

Francesca

Thank you, Aries. I can't wait. I will go visit Notre Dame, the epitome of Catholic Cathedrals, then hit a pagan shop or two.

Francesca

Aries2103

Hi everybody,
Just a clarification. The Table d'Isis I'm talking about is nowhere near Notre-Dame cathedral (there may be another one that I don't know there! but that would be the wrong address). I know this district because I grew up there. Notre-Dame de Lorette is a nice church though, worth visiting. And the Sacre-Coeur is not that far (that's another nice church!).
Anyway, I wouldn't want you to get lost looking for the famous Cathedral of Notre-Dame!
Aries