Tarot sized 2.75 x 4.75 cards now at TGC!

gregory

I'm not certain why you have such an angry demeanor. I'm trying to explain that we know international shipping is a problem and that we've been working with the USPS to fix it. And you reply back basically saying that I'm a liar. I've come here in peace to answer your questions publicly. If you prefer that I leave you and your community alone, I'm happy to do so.
I'm not angry with you and I NEVER said you were a liar - I did say that where you said that the first class option is still there for a deck I ordered a matter of days ago did not fit with my direct experience, which is true. How it can be automated at the postal services end and change things that much when the product hasn't changed at all is a mystery to me.

I am VERY glad to see you here, as I said; maybe this postage issue can get sorted out at last ! But if an ordinary person in the US can mail your exact product to me for about a quarter of what your place is charging (the "half" I referred to earlier is the total of what she pays and what I pay you to get it to her) you - I am angry with THEM. It seems to me that THEY are harming YOUR business by being less than helpful - to put it mildly. Not good. And the small flat rate boxes ($16.95 to the UK) might REALLY help you. I hear there is some kind of bulk deal on those for domestic use at the moment - look here !

You might like to ask them about that. Many here are using it already :)

Tarotlyn's deck hasn't changed at all since the day she listed it - I know this as we have been talking about it a lot by email. Something has gone weird here. I am not saying it's you; I am saying it's not right.

gregory

"So the cost now for the ONLY OPTION for your deck to be sent to the UK is - as Saffi says - $40.85. Which makes it basically - not an option."

It can be done as a two stage process much easier, anyone in the UK who knows someone in the US can have the deck shipped to a US address and then packaged to be sent to the UK. A deck of this size and weight costs $6 to ship in a padded envelope overseas to Europe or the UK. FAR better than $40.

That's what I have done with decks from here, several times now (thanks friend, you know who you are !). As I said. The day I ordered the Bears, the cheap option showed up - hallelujah !

But it is only an option for people who have a US mate they can borrow and who is prepared to do this. And it seems so unnecessary !

The Game Crafter

I'm not angry with you and I NEVER said you were a liar - I did say that where you said that the first class option is still there for a deck I ordered a matter of days ago did not fit with my direct experience, which is true. How it can be automated at the postal services end and change things that much when the product hasn't changed at all is a mystery to me.

As one other user pointed out, there have been some changes to the USPS pricing in the past week. So that's likely the culprit. Maybe they've changed more than just pricing, but also some shipping rules.

Anyway, I'm glad to know that I have misread you.

Our systems are almost entirely automated, and the ordering process is entirely automated, so it's not quite as simple as just switching to another box for us. We have to write code that interfaces with the USPS servers and also update our own code to detect the size of the thing being shipped and where it is shipped to. So it won't be an overnight change, but it is on our todo list.

gregory

As one other user pointed out, there have been some changes to the USPS pricing in the past week. So that's likely the culprit. Maybe they've changed more than just pricing, but also some shipping rules.

Anyway, I'm glad to know that I have misread you.

Our systems are almost entirely automated, and the ordering process is entirely automated, so it's not quite as simple as just switching to another box for us. We have to write code that interfaces with the USPS servers and also update our own code to detect the size of the thing being shipped and where it is shipped to. So it won't be an overnight change, but it is on our todo list.

Good. :) Thank you. Please hurry... :D I just saw another deck on your site that I... ;)

I know the US post office "counter service" is - not great, to put it mildly. Would it be worth your simply BUYING a VAST load of the flat rate boxes ? You must have to get boxes in anyway... Sure, an envelope is cheaper but I can appreciate that they take longer to pack up and you have a mass to mail. I can hack the $16.95 - though I'd rather hack the $6 - who wouldn't - but $40 for a deck that costs $22 ??? Ouch.

It can't be the rules - I just got ANOTHER package from the US - a deck sent in a bubble envelope for $6... (posted 2 days ago. That IS weird... :bugeyed: - the time, not the price. I LIKED the price :D)

cardlady22

Thank you very much for taking the time to come and interact us, The Game Crafter! Your services are very exciting to many of us!

It is very true that the USPS automated systems, and indeed even the clerk service quotes at various locations, are not consistent. Many times I enter the dimensions of a package online, but get charged a different price at the desk.

The Small Flat Rate box for Priority Mail will hold 3 of your playing card size decks (in a tuckbox)

https://www.usps.com/business/priority-mail-international-flat-rate-for-business.htm

gregory

Thank you very much for taking the time to come and interact us, The Game Crafter! Your services are very exciting to many of us!

It is very true that the USPS automated systems, and indeed even the clerk service quotes at various locations, are not consistent. Many times I enter the dimensions of a package online, but get charged a different price at the desk.

The Small Flat Rate box for Priority Mail will hold 3 of your playing card size decks (in a tuckbox)

:D

We know this :laugh:

Hi guys - cardlady22 runs a great drop off service. :D

But gamecrafter - as the number of decks people put up on your site goes up - this will become more and more of an issue for us suffering foreigners. I already know someone who was thinking of putting a deck up - but as most of her customers would be European, she decided against and if she can afford to do it at all, is going self-printed...

The Game Crafter

But gamecrafter - as the number of decks people put up on your site goes up - this will become more and more of an issue for us suffering foreigners. I already know someone who was thinking of putting a deck up - but as most of her customers would be European, she decided against and if she can afford to do it at all, is going self-printed...

Even if she goes self-printed, there's no reason to not also put her game up in our shop. Every sale counts.

gregory

Even if she goes self-printed, there's no reason to not also put her game up in our shop. Every sale counts.

Yes sure - but even mailing herself to the US from over here (in padded envelopes !) the postage kicks in at less than what you're being charged for domestic !!! :bugeyed:

You need a new postal service.... :laugh:

The Game Crafter

Yes sure - but even mailing herself to the US from over here (in padded envelopes !) the postage kicks in at less than what you're being charged for domestic

You're missing the point. There are a lot of people shopping on our site that aren't necessarily in her realm of influence. If she makes a good deck, she can get customers outside of her group of friends and fans.

gregory

You're missing the point. There are a lot of people shopping on our site that aren't necessarily in her realm of influence. If she makes a good deck, she can get customers outside of her group of friends and fans.

Oh she has more fans than she can cope with; and she is here and they know her. :D But it was a kind thought ! Thanks.