Tarotista's from/familiar with Poland/Sweden?

Cassandra022

So...I shall be leaving this Saturday on a month long trip... vacation i guess it'd be called, and visiting with relatives. I shall be spending two weeks in Poland and two weeks in Sweden. Anyway, I would really like to be able to pick up a new deck or two while over there...Polish/Swedish decks specifically would be nice, but just getting a nice deck I don't have yet over there would be nice too.

I was hoping, this being such a nice international forum and all, that someone who is familiar with/lives in either country might give me some pointers/advice about where I might look/go on a tarot shopping expedition, whether it be a specific store or a chain of stores or a neighborhood, whatever.

If it helps, whilst in Poland I shall be staying at or visiting Kedzierzn-Kozle, Sarzyna/Nowa Sarzyna, Zakopane, Wroclaw (I think?), Krakow, and maybe Warszawa and/or Gdansk. In Sweden, mostly Malmo and Stockholm, but possibly elsewhere as well, I have more flexibility there in that regard. I'm also going to be in Copenhagen for a bit, as I'm flying back to the states from there, though I'm not sure if I'll have time to really go out of my way looking for anything there. I speak Polish, but not Swedish, if that makes any difference.

So yeah, and suggestions? :p

Oddity

There are a few bookstores that have decks but usually the selection is not very large, also decks tend to be quite expensive here.
But you could check Vattumannen in Stockholm, and Sök & Finn in Malmö. Both are nice shops and quite central. I can look up the exact address later if you like.

I saw the Jolanda Tarot on your wishlist. The 2nd edition Swedish Witch tarot with blue borders (which has the same pictures) is probably available in any of the two shops. It's called "Jolanda den tredjes Tarotkortlek" ;)

Oh, and welcome to Sweden! ;)

Oddity

Cassandra022 said:
I speak Polish, but not Swedish, if that makes any difference.
Most Swedish people speak at least basic English so you'll be fine, don't worry.

Cassandra022

Oddity said:
There are a few bookstores that have decks but usually the selection is not very large, also decks tend to be quite expensive here.
But you could check Vattumannen in Stockholm, and Sök & Finn in Malmö. Both are nice shops and quite central. I can look up the exact address later if you like.

I saw the Jolanda Tarot on your wishlist. The 2nd edition Swedish Witch tarot with blue borders (which has the same pictures) is probably available in any of the two shops. It's called "Jolanda den tredjes Tarotkortlek" ;)

Oh, and welcome to Sweden! ;)

thank you for the info! having exact shops to look into is just what i was looking for. and yep, Jolanda/Swedish Witch is actually the main deck I'm hoping I might find the Swedish version of :]

and yeah, my relatives there have been telling me that i should be ok with the English. My aunt's partner is from the UK lol and he gets by, so hopefully so :]

Oddity

street addresses

Stockholm: Vattumannen bokhandel, Drottninggatan 83

Malmö: Sök & Finn, Södra Förstadsgatan 19
When I was there two years ago, I remember they had some nice jewelry too, might be worth a look.

Cassandra022

thank you! will definitly try to stop by those and have a look :]

Cassandra022

must thank you again Oddity. Didn't unfortunately find any stores with decks while in Poland...didnt really even have the time to look, to be honest, but today in Malmo having a free day walking around and I stopped by Sok and Finn a few hours ago and got me the Swedish Witch. Going to def have to trim the sides borders off since (BIG blue borders this deck has...) but very happy to be able to get this to remember my time in Sweden by :]

Sar

So when are you coming to Norway?

Cassandra022

I really wish I had the time to. Its so close by, and one of the other random people living in this apartment whose worked there was talking about how beautiful it is there just last night :[

Hemera

So, when are you coming to Finland? :p