Tavaglione Stairs of Gold

VGimlet

I just placed an order for this deck through AbeBooks for $81.25 USD. (Is that overpaying?) However, the deck is used, but according to the seller who is quite trusted and high rated stated that the deck is in almost new condition with little - yet not visible stains on the edges possibly from handling. Good deal?

I can't wait for it to arrive.

I think I got mine for about 70 bucks - it was a deck only and the box is in slightly worn shape, but the cards are good. Honestly I was very surprised to get it at that price -I have seen decks go for as much as 150.00 US, so yes, a pretty good deal, as long as the seller is describing the deck correctly.

gregory

Hm. Mine cost me £12.

Of course, that was in 1982.It pays to be old.... :laugh:

FolkSeer

I think I got mine for about 70 bucks - it was a deck only and the box is in slightly worn shape, but the cards are good. Honestly I was very surprised to get it at that price -I have seen decks go for as much as 150.00 US, so yes, a pretty good deal, as long as the seller is describing the deck correctly.

Mine will be a deck only as well but they are including a velvet bag with it.

I was going to originally buy a new deck but that would be about $240.00 USD. I chose the less expensive because I can get it quicker. :)

FolkSeer

Hm. Mine cost me £12.

Wasn't even alive in 1982, let alone being old enough to understand tarot. No offense.

gregory

Wasn't even alive in 1982, let alone being old enough to understand tarot. No offense.

I don't offend over my age :D I am lucky. I got loads of stuff at the original price !!!

I never said I understood it at that time.... :D

jema

I don't offend over my age :D I am lucky. I got loads of stuff at the original price !!!

I never said I understood it at that time.... :D

I got mine at something like 15 dollars or so too. Anyway, posts like these makes me think that perhaps it is a good idea to buy decks coming out now even if i don't like them cause in a few years they will be hard to find...

The deck is on my weekly deck rotation list so i am pretty sure I will get some time with it soon enough. I quite like the LWB :-D

Morwenna

I said it before and I'll say it again: I really have to get back into this deck, and study the LWB again, now that I have many years of Tarot experience behind me. I too bought it in the '80s, but being a newcomer I wasn't ready for all the twists and turns, despite it was those same twists and turns which fascinated me!

VGimlet

Hm. Mine cost me £12.

heh. I wish I had been buying decks all along since I started reading in 1971. :p

I never even though about getting this deck until I got the Stelle, which I like a lot.

FolkSeer

Okay, so I may be needin' some help when I get this deck.

I just emailed the seller to see if they had the instruction book with the deck.

They don't. So how do you know what symbol stands for what in which section of the card?

Will y'all help me understand the cards when I get them? *Plead, grovel, thank you.*

Morwenna

I haven't looked; is there a study group for this deck? (I'm at work.) If not, maybe we should start one. I could use some help too!