Ten of Cups as an "action". Well...

omnislashed

I keep receiving the Ten of Cups as an action, and it's driving me insane.

For the record: It always appears whenever I'm inquiring about externalized movement and projected behavior. Not about some internal conceptualization of a particular circumstance.

Furthermore, it's extraordinarily difficult for me to perceive the Ten of Cups as a behavior or action. I understand what the card means regarding a state of existence, or a state of mind. But not as something visibly perceived and acknowledged, in order to better a situation. Which is precisely what I continually ask about -- empowering myself within particular situations. Not sitting around, being complacent. Unless that's the point the cards are making? Just salvage what you already have and ... wait?

Can somebody please help me comprehend this? I'm not trying to disparage the message the cards are delivering me -- it's just that I'm deeply confused.

nisaba

What does the picture on your card look like? If we are talking the RW image, then perhaps the action you need to take is to realise that happy emotions are not something that somehow get inflicted on you when you are passive, but a conscious choice: you need to MAKE THE CHOICE to be positive, to enjoy life.

If you were looking at the Granny Jones Ten Cups, it might be time to tidy the living-room and bake a cake for that unexpected visitor <grin> Just depends on the card.

omnislashed

I'm using the Legacy of the Divine deck, which is RWS-based. Image featured here.

[P]erhaps the action you need to take is to realise that happy emotions are not something that somehow get inflicted on you when you are passive, but a conscious choice: you need to MAKE THE CHOICE to be positive, to enjoy life.
Hmm. Perhaps you're right -- making total resplendence something to be purposefully seized, rather than letting it become a sedentary state of existence. That's a good point, albeit never something I considered with a passive Water card. Do you believe this card is indicative of welcoming, positive energy that is already present, which is simply needing to be harnessed, then? Like a sculptor making use of their abundant material? Or ...?

I'm much appreciative of information that encourages me into forward momentum. (However, if passive enjoyment is temporarily required, that's something I would need to understand as well.) But if there's one behavior I despise within myself, it's lack of activity. Too much Air and Fire within my chart. ;)

Rasa

The 10 of cups to me talks about the evolution of roles in relationships..
I connect the 10's to the Wheel of Fortune (X), which is also about change, and cycle. I see 10's in the minors as being halfway between the 9's (completion) and aces (new beginning).. they're that middle point where the wheel is still in the process of turning, halfway between the old phase of their life, and the new phase.
I connect cups with emotions and usually relationships.

So...... changing interpersonal dynamics in a relationship, changing roles. Reasessing and altering the way we relate to each other.
As an action, allowing a relationship to change direction, or to alter the way you relate to other people, or reassessing your role and restructuring.
I don't really see the 10 of cups as a 'passive' card, to me there is a lot happening there, but more activity that we need to allow; being open to change and letting it happen rather than trying to maintain an old pattern, but not forcing anything.
I think the Wheel turns with or without our pushing it, but it's our choice whether we are centred at its axle, or squished underneath it, or sent flying off the top of it.

In the RWS image, I see this in the rainbow, hope for something new coming after the rain. Something washed away, and something new beginning. Also, the children appear to be miniature versions of the adults, so I see them as the same, just depicting different stages in the relationship.

Fostha

Nice image,this card driving you insane,could it be something as literal as 'get off your fat a**e and go and get yourself a new dog/pussy if you aint content with what you got indoors'
sometimes the message can be short,sweet,and simple. Have you thought aaout taking in a stray/abandoned pet,maybe that action would make you feel better now. Why not give it some thought.

Amanda

How about, smile more often.

That's what I feel like doing when I look at that picture.

:)

Fostha

Amanda_04 said:
How about, smile more often.

That's what I feel like doing when I look at that picture.

:)
I did too. I couldnt help think of that line "you dont need look at the fireplace when you're stoking the fire",however in this case,and that image,I'd say why not try and enjoy the view,if only you could. :thumbsup: :D

WalesWoman

Enjoy the simple things, the quiet pleasures, make some warm fuzzy moments in your life. Accept the differences and love them... even your natural enemies.

Be the warmth and the hearth, put your love and loves on display, dont' hide them. Display your love and affection, quietly making an atmosphere of warmth, safety, security, peace and contentment.

rota

What's your own home life like? If you're a footloose type, or an inveterate loner, it might be time to set up a more permanent home base.

Chiska

Hmmmm....that card is so warm and fuzzy. Makes me want to just stop worrying about whether I am doing everything right and just enjoy what is.

There is no pressure in this image at all.

A cat and dog sharing a fire - normally "enemies" at rest.

Pisces and Mars hanging in the fire - Mars in Pisces - lay down that sword, and just go with the flow and hang by the fire.