Ten of Cups as Death

Sandalwood

Hi,

The ten of Cups has come up in regards to someone's death quite frequently for me. I think it may have to do with the "soul family" in this card (returning to them) and ten being the number of endings. When it meant this there was always a 'difficult card' next to it.
How do you see this and have you experienced the same with this card?

Thank you!

Inana

I've never read it that way, but it's an interesting point of view. Thanks for sharing.

whittles

That is very interesting. I don't think I've ever had it come up like that (meaning death). I suppose it could mean an emotionally charged situation for a family if a death occurs. Hmm. Interested to see if this has happened for others.

PAMUYA

That is very intersting. I have never had a 10 of cups mean that. I could see the ten of swords maybe with the right combo of cards. Coming from a card reading backround a ten or ace of spades are tragic cards which could mean death. Personally I have never had the ten of cups mean death, but I will keep your post in mind. In tarot for me the tens are almost always the exaggeration of that suit. Death would be a tuff one for me to attach to the 10 of cups, maybe reversed, a broken heart. Or sexual climax is refered to as the little death..too much lovin ;) I quess that would be the Devil.

Sandalwood

@Inana: thank you :)

That is very interesting. I don't think I've ever had it come up like that (meaning death). I suppose it could mean an emotionally charged situation for a family if a death occurs. Hmm. Interested to see if this has happened for others.

Thank you. Yes, true, I agree, good point & it does also refer to (spiritual) ceremonies/gatherings. On the other hand I also feel it's often a "relief"-card for the person that died (after an agonising sick bed for example).

That is very intersting. I have never had a 10 of cups mean that. I could see the ten of swords maybe with the right combo of cards. Coming from a card reading backround a ten or ace of spades are tragic cards which could mean death. Personally I have never had the ten of cups mean death, but I will keep your post in mind. In tarot for me the tens are almost always the exaggeration of that suit. Death would be a tuff one for me to attach to the 10 of cups, maybe reversed, a broken heart. Or sexual climax is refered to as the little death..too much lovin ;) I quess that would be the Devil.

Hi. Thanks. Yes, had the 10 of swords come up as that at times too, but mostly someone had already died in the querants life.
The little death, yes :) I have seen that literal as Death with an ace of cups or something similar.

danieljuk

that is fascinating! I always forget about the 10's being the endings and this could be like you say the soul family or back with their loved one's!

OaksWhispering

I can definitely see it as representing death, especially since personally I do not see death as something to be feared. And having so many loved ones who have passed on, I can resonate with reuniting with the soul family in the afterlife.

nisaba

especially since personally I do not see death as something to be feared.

It's that little bit of life just *before* you die, that scares the fejeebers out of me. :)

ravenest

It could be seen as a depiction of the post-mortem 'Happy Hunting Ground' - a 'return' to the 'Garden'.

ravenest

It's that little bit of life just *before* you die, that scares the fejeebers out of me. :)

Dont be sacred ... it might come out of the blue, instantly, no suffering, <snaps fingers> like that. ... at any moment ...

so, no need to worry too much :)