Ten of Swords-What someone wants

VenusRising

I did a spread & one of the last questions I asked was 'what this person wants from me?'.
God I hate this card! But I am not sure how to interpret. Does this person want to end a friendship? Does this person want me to move on?

le fey

We can't speak specifically to your reading here, but thinking over some aspects of the 10 of Swords that a person might want from someone else:

- first thought is 'drop it'. All those swords of conversation have been planted, nothing else to say, so quit poking.

- there is the aspect of 'bottoming out'. A person might want someone else to hit bottom so that they'll realize the situation needs to improve/change.

- they could want another person to engage in some sort of betrayal (probably not toward them, but to someone else?)

- they could want a really melodramatic over the top reaction to something they're doing to them.

- they may feel betrayed and want the other person to 'slay' themselves with apologies. (again, pretty melodramatic)

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones occuring to me. :)

ladyofhearts

i have had the 10 of swords come up in relationship readings for me, also. not a pretty sight to say the least. i see this as TOTAL endings, but the light in the sky in the back of the of the picture on the card, (rider-waite) says, there is light at the end of the tunnel. to me, its about endings. so, maybe this person wants you to call it quits, just end things. just my opinion. or, they think that its over, and they want you to realize this to? things are about as down on the ground as it can get. but, when you realize this there is hope, (the light in the sky) to go on.

VenusRising

does it help if the clarification card was queen of pentacles?

le fey

:) if you want to explore your specfic reading, why not post it down in Your Readings?

VenusRising

le fey said:
:) if you want to explore your specfic reading, why not post it down in Your Readings?
yes i will soon thanks!!!

Thirteen

VenusRising said:
does it help if the clarification card was queen of pentacles?
Yes it does, actually. The person wants the *Talking* and conversation and words and arguments to stop. They want you (I'm guessing you) to get physical and *show* rather than tell them what you want and how you feel.

Now I don't know whether that applies to how much you talk/think/worry or how much they talk/think/worry or how much both of you do it; only you know that. What the spread says is that whoever's doing it, this friend wants it ended. And in it's place, they want warm, comforting, nurturing action. Don't talk about it. Don't think about it. Do it.

ladyofhearts

thirteen

i am new to tarot, but i like your explanation!

Shebelle

Yes -- with regards to what Thirteen was saying, I was going to add that the 10 of Swords represents an ending, but the implication of the Swords suit is actually that the thing ending is the person's problems. If the person feels that things cannot get any worse, the Queen of Pents may indicate what they'd like to establish... When you've had a bunch of swords stuck in your back, you may want someone to "make it all better." The Queen of Pents is uniquely suited to that.

VenusRising

wow interesting...my spread makes better sense now.