The Art of Tarot Deck..

Cerulean

Here's a link to the Liz Dean thread

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5320&perpage=10&highlight=liz dean&pagenumber=2

Sometimes over time, the least expensive novelty decks can be of interest to collectors. This is a modern deck using the Marseilles ordering and suitable fairytale like colors and pictures for beginners.

In this case, Liz Dean published a book in August 2003 called "The Mystery of the Tarot" and she shows details from her "Art of the Tarot" deck and the Lo Scarabeo 2000 edition of the Visconti Gold. Her kit is said to have been very successful in the credits.

The odd thing is all cards from the 2000 edition of the Visconti Gold are shown, complete with the printing mistakes and the Devil and Tower that has been replaced in its 2002 kit.

I've never used the deck and was about to put it in the donation box, but I got this book recently. So I put it with Liz Dean's book and my 2002 Visconti Gold, which I sometimes use. Sometimes I will keep decks awhile if they have loose ties to the type of Marseilles/Milanese patterns that I like.

I usually use my Italian decks the most, so this is the vaguest reference to your deck. It's pretty and maybe the book that I mentioned might be of interest to you.

dolphingirl

I especially like the warm colors of this deck and the way the words collaged in seem to fit so well that they really fit in with the artwork. I know that this deck has been released with two different backs as well in different sets. One set comes with a silk scarf and dark blue backs that match then there is another set with a different back and no scarf.

I actually bought an extra of this deck and the one that B&N also puts out for gifts for others. I would love to see more of these inexpensive decks come out as these are great when you don't want to break the bank.

Cocobird55

I recently bought this book and deck set at Barnes and Noble, for $9.98. I like it a lot. I especially like the Death card, which shows a grizzled, leafless (dead) tree in the background, and a young tree with small leaves in the foreground. I have always felt that Death really means transformation, and this deck does a good job of showing that.

Sue

Moon mind

Just got this one

I just stumbled upon this deck in Chapter's and bought it. (sale)
I am pleasantly surprise how simple and refreshing it's images are.
good buy, it will stay in my small collection!
mm

bengibbard

Very first deck

This was the first deck i ever got adn i love it to death. The meanings are really basic but make you think. I always used the book that came with it even without the deck. It is a must get!! =]

Moon mind

bengibbard said:
The meanings are really basic but make you think.

I know, specialy the Devil card and Death card. I am surprise nobody talks about this deck.

Papageno

Moon mind said:
I know, specialy the Devil card and Death card. I am surprise nobody talks about this deck.

yes the Death card is fairly unique in it's approach. overall the artwork is very charming and well thought out. one of those overlooked and underappreciated decks..........and I love the High Priestess with the pomegranite

back to my Carnivale marathon