The AT Frankenstein Patchwork deck

BlueDragonfly

Le Fanu said:
But I like the post card idea. That might be a better alternative to signing the backs. I actually prefer it, and the pens could be any colour people wanted, and it is something which could be done as the deck is travelling, before you send it on, pop in a postcard (one per card?) with your name, card contributed (what deck etc) and then a little message or quotation or something. Anything. Or is it getting a bit too elaborate?

there's still time to decide...

(ETA; 14 left to find!)
I'm still at the point in bag construction where side inserts(to make it more of a box shape) could be added to accomodate the extra bulk of the postcards. I'll hold up on finishing it, and get some measurements on small/standard postcards, till we make a final decision on that.

Wish I could help with more cards, but my collection is small, and the RWS is the only broken deck I have...a tragic accident involving the Ace, two and three of Wands and a drunken reader....(it was not pretty)

lark

A friend of mine has an incomplete Robin Wood deck mising 2 cards.
I know you have a Robin Wood card already...but as a stand by...just incase... to fill in any gaps, I thought I'd offer it up.

nicky

I can't keep up. Just let me know what I am doing when you need me to do it please!!!

Oddity

If someone has another Justice, I can change my card from Karma Music from Justice to the Emperor: http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/238/Karma#photo=9
The title would have to be trimmed off because the card is a bit on the large side, but it's still obviously the Emperor from the way he's sitting.

Just letting you know, in case some puzzling needs to be done at some stage.
(And don't forget I also have that cute little Fergus Hall Emperor ;) http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/108/Witches#photo=9.jpg if someone else can give a Queen of Pentacles)

I like the idea of a travelling deck! I can't wait to have a look at this crazy deck!

And I also like postcards as a LWB, that's great. However, the more cards the heavier it will be and the more expensive to send, so maybe one postcard per person would be enough? (Unless you've contributed so many cards that you need more writing space, of course.) Also, wouldn't the bag need to be huge to fit 78 postcards plus the deck?
Ah, it's just a thought. I don't know if it will make a big difference, it will probably cost a small fortune to mail in any case :)

Le Fanu

Fire Cat said:
Lillie or gregory, I have a Judgement and a Sun card from the Tarot de Marsella. Do you have any other extra cards from the Swiss or Sacred Rose?
Lillie has a whole 1JJ Swiss deck which can be used. Any card except the folded Empress! I'm sure Lillie wouldn't mind if we did a swap around. What "Tarot de Marseille" deck do you have, FC? Any way of identifying it?

I'll put you down for Judgment...

(or Judgement)

Le Fanu

Oddity said:
If someone has another Justice, I can change my card from Karma Music from Justice to the Emperor: http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/238/Karma#photo=9
The title would have to be trimmed off because the card is a bit on the large side, but it's still obviously the Emperor from the way he's sitting.
Hear that? Anyone out there with a Justice card from a deck which hasn't be used would enable us to "close" the Majors and the Swords.

If nobody comes forward I'm putting Lillie's Emperor up to finish the Majors/Trumps.
BlueDragonfly said:
I'm still at the point in bag construction where side inserts(to make it more of a box shape) could be added to accomodate the extra bulk of the postcards. I'll hold up on finishing it, and get some measurements on small/standard postcards, till we make a final decision on that.

Wish I could help with more cards, but my collection is small, and the RWS is the only broken deck I have...a tragic accident involving the Ace, two and three of Wands and a drunken reader....(it was not pretty)
Hold on there. Put the bag on hold till we decide. I rather like the postcard idea... And BlueDragonfly, your RWS contribution is wonderful. I'm thrilled that the RWS Fool opens the deck. Seems so right!

GeorgiePorgie

I haven't read the entire thread so I'm not exactly sure of the size of the cards you are looking for and if it will fit in, but I can offer any card from the old Mythic Tarot (except the Fool, he got injured in the desk chair incident of 2009).

gregory

Fire Cat said:
Lillie or gregory, I have a Judgement and a Sun card from the Tarot de Marsella. Do you have any other extra cards from the Swiss or Sacred Rose?
My cards really are singles..... Samples I was sent or accidental duplicates that turned up. It just occurs to me that I got two slightly damaged cards wit the Elves - I will look and see what they were; they are perfectly OK for this, just Not Perfect so Ric replaced them...

ETA Death and Temperance. If that helps anything in juggling.

Rasa

I like the idea of the postcards very much.

I would love it if the postcards were the LWB (sorry if this idea was already proposed, I have been busy the last few days and just skimmed the thread).

Perhaps each person could write a little sentence or two on their postcard about what each of the cards they contributed means for them, or some keywords for that card?
Then not only would the imagery be patchwork, but also the divinatory system!

If a couple holes were to be punched into each postcard, and a loop of string inserted (after the cards are all together), it would make a little flippable book.

Celice

Rasa said:
I like the idea of the postcards very much.

I would love it if the postcards were the LWB (sorry if this idea was already proposed, I have been busy the last few days and just skimmed the thread).

Perhaps each person could write a little sentence or two on their postcard about what each of the cards they contributed means for them, or some keywords for that card?
Then not only would the imagery be patchwork, but also the divinatory system!

If a couple holes were to be punched into each postcard, and a loop of string inserted (after the cards are all together), it would make a little flippable book.

Yes, I like this idea! And it wouldn't be a full 78 post cards because many people contributed several cards. Though it sounds like it will still be pretty thick, maybe we shouldn't worry about fitting it in the bag? It can just be on the side maybe?