the book of shadows tarot

starchaser1277

So I bought this one today, the pictures are beautiful, however I'm really not connecting with it which is frustrating me! I can get a feel for the mayors, however the minors are just confusing the heck out of me as they are not depicted in a man nor that I can relate the meaning to. This is definitely going to be a challenge. Anyone else have this deck?

Carla

I had this deck but sold it after a few weeks. It wasn't for me, and I tried very hard, even started a private study blog for it. The only suit I really liked was the 'god suit', with the planets. I didn't actually like the artwork, and found the coloring too dark. Finally, when I realized I did not enjoy trying to use the deck for divination, and it was turning out I didn't like it for devotion, either, I sold it.

Le Fanu

I have to say (love you LoS :*) but this deck is unreadable.

Nothing about it makes sense. I had the idea that I would use it as my deck of the week last week, draw a card, refer to the book (as it isn't a deck whose images say anything), but I even got exhausted finding my way around the book and abandoned it on Thursday with a "oh what's the ****** point?"

The only thing I like about it is the Death card. I thought of reducing it to a "one card deck", tossing the other 77 and drawing that card every time I feel that death might be iminent. Other than that - really - I have no use whatsoever for it.

Where on earth would anyone start with this deck (god help any beginners who stumble across it)? I really do consider this deck as perhaps one of the most unreadable tarot decks of all time.

AJ

hence my comment in the DV thread.
Yoga tarot is another one. I've done yoga for many years and can't make any sense of it at all. Just 78 pictures. Shoved on the market

tarot heart

So I bought this one today, the pictures are beautiful, however I'm really not connecting with it which is frustrating me! I can get a feel for the mayors, however the minors are just confusing the heck out of me as they are not depicted in a man nor that I can relate the meaning to. This is definitely going to be a challenge. Anyone else have this deck?

I know it's just a typo that you called them "mayors" but what a great way to think of them! :D

And I agree that Book of Shadows tops the list as the worst tarot deck ever created. And what a shame the wicca community couldn't get a better deck out of LoS. I returned mine the next day after receiving it. The cards were damaged and when I saw those gnomes running all over the place, I shuddered. Ewwww!