The Book of the Law Study Group 2.73

Grigori

So death is the crown of all, but it is forbidden? I guess I'm reading this as if death were a misplaced goal. Even if things are difficult so that a person would long for the peace of death, death cannot be the goal, the focus of the will should be. Maybe this reduces things to "you'll die when you've reached your goal" or even something akin to a conservative notion of only god having the right to choose to end a life, and other anti-euthanasia arguments. Though that would conflict with Liber Oz's right to choose your own death.

Always Wondering

Your thoughts remind me of Alice Walker's The Color Purple when Seleay claims such a philosophy for tolerating abuse.

Seleay said:
This side last a lil while ms. sophia, heaven last always…

I've always loved Sophia's response.

Sophia said:
Seleay you betta bash mister’s head open and think bout heaven later.

AW

Aeon418

Grigori said:
So death is the crown of all, but it is forbidden?
Death is forbidden, o man, unto thee. It think the man in this verse may be a referrence to the pre-Adept, Man of Earth. His/her business is the building of the pyramid or raising of the phallus, depending on which symbol set you are using. At this early stage the climax of death would be a little..... premature. ;)

And which goddess is going to impressed by a Lover who goes off half cocked? :laugh:

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
Your thoughts remind me of Alice Walker's The Color Purple when Seleay claims such a philosophy for tolerating abuse.

I like that AW, and it reminds me of something else also. Though yours is a more repectable pop culture reference than mine })

Yoda said:
All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.”

Maybe a little bit of focus on what you're supposed to be doing. Or even don't get so caught up "the next life" that you forget about this one (or suffer a life of misery in the hopes that it will qualify you for a better one next time around).

Aeon418 said:
His/her business is the building of the pyramid or raising of the phallus, depending on which symbol set you are using.

Thanks Aeon, I'd thought of the Man of Earth angle when I first read the line, but promptly forgot it! Could you elaborate on what the work of building the pyramid is? Is there a pyramid builder to do list?

Aeon418

Io Pan!

Grigori said:
Could you elaborate on what the work of building the pyramid is? Is there a pyramid builder to do list?
Eh?!!!! :confused: We've covered the building of the pyramid oodles of times, haven't we? (What a timely Yoda quote! :laugh:)

To recap: the pyramid represents you. It's a work under construction, with four sides representing the four elements. Your magical work with the four elements gradually builds the pyramid, until one day it will be ready for the fifth element. The capstone of Spirit.

The Pyramid is a Phallic symbol. The words Pyramis and Phallus both equal 831. (ALPh ;)) The building of the pyramid is equivalent to the raising of the phallus.
I've already pointed out several connections between it's symbolism and the Middle Pillar in previous study threads not so long ago. It is symbolic of the connecting of Heaven and Earth.
I am not I. I am but an hollow tube to bring down fire from Heaven.
We are all capable of "bringing down fire from heaven" (spirit), but our ego-selves constantly get in the way and subvert the process. (? :() An ego not in line with the Will is a limp dick. ? Lift up thyself !
It may be useful to go back and read Gunther's explanation of the myth of Osiris. Pay attention to where the missing Phallus goes and reflect on why the HGA is referred to as the Solar Phallic self.

Hadit and Nuit can't unite unless you build your Pyramid and lift thyself up. !!!!!!!
Or in other words, be a Devil. })

Aeon418

Phoenix

How to find the missing phallus of Osiris?

V.I.T.R.I.O.L. (Atu XIV Art)

The hidden stone is equivalent to the Benben stone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benben

IHShVH

IHVH - four elements, the sides of the elemental pyramid.

Shin - the Benben capstone.

Completed pyramid = Phallus.

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
Eh?!!!! :confused: We've covered the building of the pyramid oodles of times, haven't we? (What a timely Yoda quote! :laugh:)

Yeah sure, but there are pyramids all over the bloody place around here, I though it would be good to make sure I was at the right one :laugh:

Aeon418

Grigori said:
Yeah sure, but there are pyramids all over the bloody place around here, I though it would be good to make sure I was at the right one :laugh:
But is the connection between the building of the Pyramid and the finding of the lost Phallus clear now?

They are both different symbols pointing to the same Great Work.

Always Wondering

Grigori said:
I like that AW, and it reminds me of something else also. Though yours is a more repectable pop culture reference than mine })
I consider Yoda perfectly respectable. ;)

AW