The Card you Like the Least

Jewel

Which is the card you like the least?
why?
how would you have done it differently?

Jewel

10 of swords

- I really dislike the 10 swords.

- what bothers me about it is that I do not believe it was necessary to have the male genatalia of a stabbed to death man in my face. I do not believe this adds anything to the card.

- I would have changed the angle of the camera on that picture. The nudity does not offend or bother me, it is the "in my faceness" of the card that bugs me.

The Emperor used to rub me the same way until I was comparing the CT Emperor to RW using 78 Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack. It was in her description that I realized that I was totally over-reacting and that he had a traditional Emperor sitting position. He was not posed specifically to flash me.

kayne

Thanks for starting this thread Jewel!

The :T3P 3 of Disks is my worst card... just because I don't think the art work is quite up to scratch compared to the rest of the deck. I really like the choice of images... just not the way they have been rendered.

Jewel, I found the same thing with that :T10S 10 of Swords at first... but now I read it slightly differently. I usually read it as representing being exposed or exposure. Perhaps there have been 'little white lies' or something terrible has been covered up. Well, here they are, exposed for all the world to see and the consequences could be pretty devistating but might be necessary to allow you to move on... The red cloth is below him, not covering him as expected, reinforcing the idea of exposure... Hopefully this helps you with that card... :)

Jewel

Kayne that was INCREDIBLY helpful! You have just given me an "AHA" moment. That makes so much sense! Okies I am cool with the 10 of swords now *LOL*. I must go see if there is another card that bothers me to get your insights <grin>

I will also look up the 3 of Disks to see what I think and give you some feedback.

DarkElectric

According to my tradition, the ten of swords is the true "Death" card. Whereas "Death" is translated as transformation, Ten of swords indicates a possible physical death when "Death is in a relative position in the spread. (This was proven out in a reading I did for someone about the health of his Grandfather. It came up in combination with the Death card. The man died a week later.)In view of this, I see the male genitalia in the ten of swords as being representative of the dichotomy of life into death, and death into life again. It holds the promise of generation, and regeneration. That's what I see in it, anyway:)

DarkElectric

I'm not quite fond of the four of swords, however. It seems really wishy washy in contrast to the rest of the deck. it's not egregiously horrible, but IMO it isn't quite up there on the level of the imagery of the rest of the deck. But it'll grow on me, I know!

jema

the only thing i don't like about some cards is that they don't move me.
this is such an emotional deck and most cards will produce that instant gut-feeling, then there are cards like 2 of wands and 9 of cups and they are not bad, just a bit boring i guess.

at first when i got it i was a bit disappointed that so many of the cards that i usually associate with the feminine was replaced with males. to dress up the Balance in drag just didn't cut it.
but now i can see a point in it. this is a very "gay" deck and i think one is needed (all my gay friends love and adore this deck even if they don't ever work with tarot), yet it doesn't shut out women like many of the "dianic" decks do. i still feel included here.
but i can't help that i would have prefered to at least see a female strength card.

Kyrielle

This is a bit premature as I am still waiting for my deck to come in, but I saw the cards online and am rather disturbed by the 5 of Disks.

-- Kyrielle

Strega

3 of Swords and 5 of Pentacles for me...

Jewel

5 of Disks

This is certainly not one of my favorite cards in the deck, but it certainly drives the point of missery, loneliness and feelings hoplessness right on home with its image. The guy just crouching there all covered in mud shows me that he has given into hoplessness and is not willing or possibly able to seek help. The card seems very direct to me in what it is saying. Definetly no subtlety to the image.