The cards in the astro houses

Xrysalida

I know that this would be more fitted in the astrology group, but because I ask about the use of tarot in it, I thought here it would be more fitted, I guess we'll see :D

I just want to understand, when you do a spread based on the astro circle, what kind of things would every house tell you about?

1 house. - Aries - Talks about where things that are direct to the person, personal situations, what is direct to the querrent, things that are very soon to happen. Like a relationship which is evovlving, I ve notice that most of the times, are the most present ones.

2 house - Taurus - Talks about the financial, could also be talking about self-healing? since Chiron the healer rules Taurus?

3rd - Gemini - Talks about our brothers/sister, siblings in general, very close friends, communication through media, mail, phone etc. My question here is, is it always about our relationship with them or this house can just be mentioning to the life our sibings are doing? for example a card could come to say that me and my brother we'll be travelling together soon, or my brother will travel soon, without me?!

4th - Cancer - Talks about what is going on in direct family and in the house, also it refers to things like re-decorating the house, or moving, or like sme months ago I found here my father who decided to give me on paper the flat I'm living in. I read also that the in 4th house we find the father and in the 10th the mother, into a woman's chart, and opposite in a man's chart.

5th - Leon - Talks for the children, if there are any, or about chances of pregnancy? could an upcoming pregnancy appear here? Also since Leo's are a sign who enjoy a good life with people and places where they can show off themselves (no offense, it's not all like that), I feel that here we could find events, like the going out life. But what else?

6th - Virgo - Now, this house I find difficult to interpreted because it suppose to take health and work, also Virgo's are a very spiritual sign. SO whatever comes here I let my instinct decide. How would you read it?

7th - Libra - Partnerships: Friendships, romantic relationships and the house of the hidden enemies,, I guess the cards would tell you that?!
Would subjects concerning law, be found here? In astrology court is not really related with Libra like Justice, in tarot, yes being fair is an issue of Libra but it's not necesserly about courts and Law.

8th - Scorpio - The house of sex and death, of transformation and evolution through death and rebirth, I do understand the 8 house since is my house also, but how can you blend here with tarot? about what would tarot talk about? About the steps need to transform yourself or what will the challenges be? or something that will concenr your sexual affairs and also death physical or not.

9th - Sagittarius - Law, knowledge, higher spiritual knowledge and more "earthy" one, here courts could be found? WHay else? I mean in an every day life when a card would placed here what would be saying? If you don't study or have a hobby, then what?

10th - Capricorn - Aspirations that usually have to do with the individual's social/career life, also the mother can be found here. I found in this house the divorce of my manager some months before.

11th - Aquarius - ok....I almost don't read this house, I have no idea how interpreted whatever comes here, this house is about helping and supporting others, is also where you find organizations, institutions and partnerships? or the groups here the individual belongs to?

12th - Pisces - Subsconcious, dreams, illusions, at the beginning I couldn't understand how to translate this house, but I saw in the process that here are appearing all the subconcious issues that bother you, whatever is eating your mind, things that are not in action but in the air. Also I was reading that here you might find the on e behind the scenes...if there is any.

What you think of? any thoughts, ideas?

The Alchemist

I would reconsider if I were you revamping to houses as used in traditional truthful astrology, which is not too different, that thing of relating houses to signs is mostly a wrong modern disinfo invention

it is interesting in your list you doubt more of the areas of discord

sex is 5th, not 8th, 8th is death pure and simple, also wills, partners money

6th is experience of sickness, pure and simple, also employees, nothing at all to do with virgo whatsover (except body parts), and why do you say Virgo is spiritual? it is strongly anti-spiritual, opposite to Pisces, efficiency in the material world is totally contrarian to spirituality, when your brain is busy with analysis with a view to efficiency you completely lose contact with source

7th is the actual partner or open enemy, also "the others" in general, people you come across with in life, and the experience of striving or negotiating with them

whereas what you do with a partner, love-making , is 5th; this is a common misunderstanding

then there is an important disagreement of mother and father placement

wind

I would reconsider if I were you revamping to houses as used in traditional truthful astrology, which is not too different, that thing of relating houses to signs is mostly a wrong modern disinfo invention

6th is experience of sickness, pure and simple, also employees, nothing at all to do with virgo whatsover (except body parts), and why do you say Virgo is spiritual? it is strongly anti-spiritual, opposite to Pisces, efficiency in the material world is totally contrarian to spirituality, when your brain is busy with analysis with a view to efficiency you completely lose contact with source

7th is the actual partner or open enemy, also "the others" in general, people you come across with in life, and the experience of striving or negotiating with them

whereas what you do with a partner, love-making , is 5th; this is a common misunderstanding

I am sorry, but assigning signs to houses it not 'wrong', nor is traditional astrology the only one that is 'truthful'. Astrology, as all domains, develops and discovers new notions, becomes fuller and richer. As humans do - and the human consciousness has grown in a gret deal, hence developed new ways to look at things.

I am not in the mood nor I have the time to enter into some big discussion here, but I always smile when people stubbornly stick to 'tradition' as being almost the only 'truthful' source, and 'modern inovations' are just wrong.
This is just old mind being afraid of change:)

And nothing is 'pure and simple' - human mind and consciousness are far more complex for that.

Of course, 8th house is about sex, as it is about finances, besides death. Sex can also be in the 5th house but with a different notion.

wind

I'll put my remarks in bold. My view pertains to psychological astrology where the horoscope is used as a tool for personal discovery and psychoanalysis. I am basing this on my personal experience with my clients and my own personal discovery, as well as my education, of course.

First, see the houses from the polarity view – always consider also the opposite house, that is 1-7, 2-8, 3-9, 4-10, 5-11, 6-12.
These are in fact 'axis'.

Axis of personal /shared territory:Me – You (1-7);
Axis of possession: Mine – Yours/ours (2-8)
Learning axis, 3th house: lower education, 'rational mind', 9th house: higher education, life philosophy, intuitive mind;
4th-10th: parental axis, intimacy-world, inner-outer
5-11: axis of personal 'ego' – social' ego' (my personal truth versus 'universal', common, shared, social truth; me versus the group)
6-12: axis of service, duty axis. 6th house: devotion, duty – 12th house: dissolution of ego, loss of ego

I know that this would be more fitted in the astrology group, but because I ask about the use of tarot in it, I thought here it would be more fitted, I guess we'll see :D

I just want to understand, when you do a spread based on the astro circle, what kind of things would every house tell you about?

1 house. - Aries - Talks about where things that are direct to the person, personal situations, what is direct to the querrent, things that are very soon to happen. Like a relationship which is evovlving, I ve notice that most of the times, are the most present ones.
Personal teritory, the 'I', self

2 house - Taurus - Talks about the financial, could also be talking about self-healing? since Chiron the healer rules Taurus?
This is the house of values - all that you possess, have, which is not just material, but also intellectual, psychological, spiritual 'property'. Includes the body, since body is something we 'have' (we say MY body). Second house is our value system and our ressources, our 'substance', what sustains us. Talents are also found here.

3rd - Gemini - Talks about our brothers/sister, siblings in general, very close friends, communication through media, mail, phone etc. My question here is, is it always about our relationship with them or this house can just be mentioning to the life our sibings are doing? for example a card could come to say that me and my brother we'll be travelling together soon, or my brother will travel soon, without me?!
There are no fixed rules - but this house says how your environement, siblings affect you. Through your brother you may experience the longing to travel, for instance. If your sibling has issues, they will also affect you, etc.

4th - Cancer - Talks about what is going on in direct family and in the house, also it refers to things like re-decorating the house, or moving, or like sme months ago I found here my father who decided to give me on paper the flat I'm living in. I read also that the in 4th house we find the father and in the 10th the mother, into a woman's chart, and opposite in a man's chart.
It is a great controversion which house is the father and which the mother - and it does not pertain to the sex of the owner of the chart. Father is usually connected to land, to inherting the land (at least it used to be), hence, 4th house is the father. 10th house has to do with the status in the world, how you encounter the world, what place you get in the world - and it is the mother that usually introduces the child into this. BUT - there is no rule - both can in be both houses or one parent can play both roles, you cannot know. So, you need to ask and see, depends on the client.
Fourth house is also our innermost core, this is the 'midnight of the chart', so it shows our indepth feelings, how you feel when you are alone, in the dark, at 'midnight'...it is our intimacy, our privacy, our nest - and our roots. The 10th house would be like the top of the tree, 4th as roots.

5th - Leon - Talks for the children, if there are any, or about chances of pregnancy? could an upcoming pregnancy appear here? Also since Leo's are a sign who enjoy a good life with people and places where they can show off themselves (no offense, it's not all like that), I feel that here we could find events, like the going out life. But what else?
Children yes, but this is only one aspect. This is the house of the HEART. It rules love affairs, hobbies, also games - these are things that you do 'from the heart'. This is the love house, not partnership house (as the 7th). 7th is marriage, but 5 is love. These two many times are not related, many times people don't marry for love. 5th house is extremely important, it demands that we live from the heart - and it takes guts to do it, since we usually want to conform to social norms (the echo of the opposite house, the 11th)

6th - Virgo - Now, this house I find difficult to interpreted because it suppose to take health and work, also Virgo's are a very spiritual sign. SO whatever comes here I let my instinct decide. How would you read it?
Virgo is a sign of service, dedication, of DUTY. 6th house is about everyday rhythms and situations where you are 'of service'. This usually happens at work, since you need to be there every day, repetitively. The same goes for the body: it is a very repetitive mechanism, every day it does the same things, you sleep, you wake up, you eat, you go to toilet, you exercise... earthly DUTIES call you. Nowadays our main duty is the job, and health that goes bad if we don't do service to our body.

7th - Libra - Partnerships: Friendships, romantic relationships and the house of the hidden enemies,, I guess the cards would tell you that?!
Would subjects concerning law, be found here? In astrology court is not really related with Libra like Justice, in tarot, yes being fair is an issue of Libra but it's not necesserly about courts and Law.
This is the house of OPEN ennemies, not hidden (this is the 12th house). This is te house of YOU. If the first house is 'ME, I', the seventh (opposite) is YOU. This is the encounter with the other,and this is where we need to establish the BOUNDARIES with the other. If the first house is I, who just goes and explores – in the seventh he encounter the 'other' with whom he need to make a deal, a 'contract' (not necessarily legal) about where my territory ends and your begins. This is a very 'civilized' house where we need to respect the other people's boundaries and also our own. If we cannot do it (and many times we cannot), we need the laws to take care of this.

8th - Scorpio - The house of sex and death, of transformation and evolution through death and rebirth, I do understand the 8 house since is my house also, but how can you blend here with tarot? about what would tarot talk about? About the steps need to transform yourself or what will the challenges be? or something that will concenr your sexual affairs and also death physical or not.
A very deep and complex house; many times the issues here remain buried…This is the house of joining your substance (from the second house) with the substance of the other. Your finances (2nd house) become 'joint finances', your body (2nd house) joins with the other body (sex), when your body dies, it gets recycled. It is a very complex house of deep, buried issues.
Tarot could talk about joint money, about the values that your partner brings, about what he values, it talks about the deepest intimacy – in the deepest intimacy we get trasformed.
8th house can show crisis and upheavals where your old value system (2nd house) totally breaks down.

9th - Sagittarius - Law, knowledge, higher spiritual knowledge and more "earthy" one, here courts could be found? WHay else? I mean in an every day life when a card would placed here what would be saying? If you don't study or have a hobby, then what?
Hobby is not in the 9th house, it is in the fifth, unless perhaps you travel:) 9th house is about 'life philosohy' (after the crisis in the 8th, you come out wiser and develop your own view. it is wisdom that carries us through life challenges – and we develop it in the 9th house, after all the trials).
This house is also about travel, education, about mentors, about your intuitive abilities.

10th - Capricorn - Aspirations that usually have to do with the individual's social/career life, also the mother can be found here. I found in this house the divorce of my manager some months before.
Yes, the boss is here:) This is the house where we 'give something to the world', we make an impact. We take from the roots (4th house) and bear fruit.

11th - Aquarius - ok....I almost don't read this house, I have no idea how interpreted whatever comes here, this house is about helping and supporting others, is also where you find organizations, institutions and partnerships? or the groups here the individual belongs to?
Yes, all that you mention – with the 10th house you have entered the so called 'fourth quadrant' (10, 11, 12 house), where the personal ego starts to dissolute. in the 10th house it is not you who matters, but what you do for the world, the RESULTS. In the 11th house, it is not you who matters, but the idea you carry, the team/group you belong to. In this house we want to connect with like-minded people, share our ideas. That's why it is called a house of 'friends', but these are not 'close' friends, but people who support and share your ideas. Also politicians. This is the house of 'people' – Aquarius theme, versus 5th house (opposite), the house of kings (Leo – as the sovereign, the royalty). 11th is also the 'cosmic mind' house, the ideas, the future aspirations, our destiny, our hopes – all that takes us into future possibilities (like Star in tarot). It is a house where we 'surpass' ourselves, become bigger that we are – but the danger is to lose one's own center (the echo of the 5th house). We are not supposed to just be who we are, but we should incarnate some bigger, brighter possibilty. Many times we need support team for that.

12th - Pisces - Subsconcious, dreams, illusions, at the beginning I couldn't understand how to translate this house, but I saw in the process that here are appearing all the subconcious issues that bother you, whatever is eating your mind, things that are not in action but in the air. Also I was reading that here you might find the on e behind the scenes...if there is any.
A very difficult house to understand – all you say pertains to it, it is the house where you lose your personal boundaries and it is very difficult to fully consciously become aware of the issues that can be generational. This is the house of 'hidden ennemies', mostly these are our subconscious issues that are many times projected into the outer world. If the Ascedant is the 'I', the 12th house is behind it, hence you cannot see it clearly. So it is hidden – from your own view. It also pertains to institutions (hospitals, prisons…) – because there you lose your personal identity, you become just a part of some bigger organism. This 'organism' can also be your own family where you lose yourself and you only serve their purposes (many times completely unaware, of course). 'What do you want, where do you go?' This is a difficult question to answer in the 12th house where personal substance gets dissolved.

This is just briefly put together, of course we could write a novel about each and every house here:)

ravynangel

deleted :)

wind

Why on earth would you claim discerning Virgo to be anti-spiritual and that being analytical detaches you from source? Asking questions is sensibility and there are plenty of healthy minded spiritual Virgos out there. The 6th house is not all about health, pure and simple, as it is traditionally the house of service, which encompasses a broad variety of daily possibilities, including health.

The 5th house is traditionally a house of leisure, gambling, children etc etc, it is not solely about sex. It is where you could find a casual love affair, or a physical attraction, but the 8th house is where you find the true depths of a long standing sexual connection, and true passion.

Agree - Virgo-Pisces axis is about devotion, service, and 'material' obligations by no means exclude spiritual growth, quite on the contrary.
Virgo is also about the exercise of rituals and mainly, it is about discipline - with lack of which no true growth is possible. Piscean chaos gets regulated with consistant and persevering pratice (Virgo), also SPIRITUAL PRACTICE. Daily, regular, persistent. All Virgo qualities.

This is an old dichotomy and split between the 'material' and 'spiritual' which is fortunatelly (hopefully) getting overcome, as these two are just two polarities of the same reality and none of them can exist without the other.

Magic Spells

Just a comment

Without getting into a heated discussion, I am a Virgo and I am extremely spiritual. I love all forms of spirituality and am a strong believer in live and let live. I also however, can be very practical, analytical and like to help/serve others when i can.
We Virgos are capable of many things. We aren't cold, critical, unfeeling people many astrologers make us out to be!
So be nice to us - we are sensitive beings!

ravynangel

Agree - Virgo-Pisces axis is about devotion, service, and 'material' obligations by no means exclude spiritual growth, quite on the contrary.
Virgo is also about the exercise of rituals and mainly, it is about discipline - with lack of which no true growth is possible. Piscean chaos gets regulated with consistant and persevering pratice (Virgo), also SPIRITUAL PRACTICE. Daily, regular, persistent. All Virgo qualities.

This is an old dichotomy and split between the 'material' and 'spiritual' which is fortunatelly (hopefully) getting overcome, as these two are just two polarities of the same reality and none of them can exist without the other.

deleted :)

Xrysalida

This is the first time I hear that houses shouldn't be relate to signs! Iinteresting..

Yes I forgot that the the 8th house deals with inheritance and the partner's or others money.

I wouldn't say Virgos are anti-spiritual, I can;t see any being anti-spiritual...and iANyway Virgos are searching for a higher purpose in things they do, they look for reason.

For the 7th house you mean it doesn't have to be close interactions?!

The place for the mother and father I read in old book of my father's, don't know the arguments around this.

Xrysalida

I'll put my remarks in bold. My view pertains to psychological astrology where the horoscope is used as a tool for personal discovery and psychoanalysis. I am basing this on my personal experience with my clients and my own personal discovery, as well as my education, of course.

First, see the houses from the polarity view – always consider also the opposite house, that is 1-7, 2-8, 3-9, 4-10, 5-11, 6-12.
These are in fact 'axis'.

Axis of personal /shared territory:Me – You (1-7);
Axis of possession: Mine – Yours/ours (2-8)
Learning axis, 3th house: lower education, 'rational mind', 9th house: higher education, life philosophy, intuitive mind;
4th-10th: parental axis, intimacy-world, inner-outer
5-11: axis of personal 'ego' – social' ego' (my personal truth versus 'universal', common, shared, social truth; me versus the group)
6-12: axis of service, duty axis. 6th house: devotion, duty – 12th house: dissolution of ego, loss of ego
I am aware about the polarity of the signs but I don't know how to use it yet, thank you for posting their "details"!!

It is a great controversion which house is the father and which the mother - and it does not pertain to the sex of the owner of the chart. Father is usually connected to land, to inherting the land (at least it used to be), hence, 4th house is the father. 10th house has to do with the status in the world, how you encounter the world, what place you get in the world - and it is the mother that usually introduces the child into this. BUT - there is no rule - both can in be both houses or one parent can play both roles, you cannot know. So, you need to ask and see, depends on the client.
Fourth house is also our innermost core, this is the 'midnight of the chart', so it shows our indepth feelings, how you feel when you are alone, in the dark, at 'midnight'...it is our intimacy, our privacy, our nest - and our roots. The 10th house would be like the top of the tree, 4th as roots.
This is very enlightening wind, thank you!

Virgo is a sign of service, dedication, of DUTY. 6th house is about everyday rhythms and situations where you are 'of service'. This usually happens at work, since you need to be there every day, repetitively. The same goes for the body: it is a very repetitive mechanism, every day it does the same things, you sleep, you wake up, you eat, you go to toilet, you exercise... earthly DUTIES call you. Nowadays our main duty is the job, and health that goes bad if we don't do service to our body.
A friend Virgo I have, says that they are the vacuums of the zodiac circle, they take over to clear the mess :)

Hobby is not in the 9th house, it is in the fifth, unless perhaps you travel 9th house is about 'life philosohy' (after the crisis in the 8th, you come out wiser and develop your own view. it is wisdom that carries us through life challenges – and we develop it in the 9th house, after all the trials).
This house is also about travel, education, about mentors, about your intuitive abilities.
This explains a lot! I found twice here ended relationships and a hint of some of the flavors they left.

Yes, all that you mention – with the 10th house you have entered the so called 'fourth quadrant' (10, 11, 12 house), where the personal ego starts to dissolute. in the 10th house it is not you who matters, but what you do for the world, the RESULTS. In the 11th house, it is not you who matters, but the idea you carry, the team/group you belong to. In this house we want to connect with like-minded people, share our ideas. That's why it is called a house of 'friends', but these are not 'close' friends, but people who support and share your ideas. Also politicians. This is the house of 'people' – Aquarius theme, versus 5th house (opposite), the house of kings (Leo – as the sovereign, the royalty). 11th is also the 'cosmic mind' house, the ideas, the future aspirations, our destiny, our hopes – all that takes us into future possibilities (like Star in tarot). It is a house where we 'surpass' ourselves, become bigger that we are – but the danger is to lose one's own center (the echo of the 5th house). We are not supposed to just be who we are, but we should incarnate some bigger, brighter possibilty. Many times we need support team for that.
SO how would this go with tarot? Like, here is you would see what will come up into your relationship with the group of people you belong to, in job or in groups for whatever reason, maybe except job..
Yes our hopes! I totally forgot this connection.

A very difficult house to understand – all you say pertains to it, it is the house where you lose your personal boundaries and it is very difficult to fully consciously become aware of the issues that can be generational. This is the house of 'hidden ennemies', mostly these are our subconscious issues that are many times projected into the outer world. If the Ascedant is the 'I', the 12th house is behind it, hence you cannot see it clearly. So it is hidden – from your own view. It also pertains to institutions (hospitals, prisons…) – because there you lose your personal identity, you become just a part of some bigger organism. This 'organism' can also be your own family where you lose yourself and you only serve their purposes (many times completely unaware, of course). 'What do you want, where do you go?' This is a difficult question to answer in the 12th house where personal substance gets dissolved.
So if you wanted to see where the subconscious issues woudl expressed in your life in what house would you look for? The 6th which is the opposite? or a general view would give this info.

This is just briefly put together, of course we could write a novel about each and every house here:)

I really resonate with your input, it added insight in my confusion, thanx for sharing wind :)

I totally agree for the second :D