The Chariot as a year card

Rowanmoon19

I came across (on this site) the idea of using numerology as a way of getting a general card for the year. My partner's card for 2010 is the Chariot, which I would normally see as control of your direction and movement. However he spent the first half of the year in a contract that provided no challenge and bored him, and has then been unemployed for the last 5 months - lots of interviews but no luck actually landing a job. I can see that the Chariot might fit if it was reversed?

Can anyone explain this - am I interpreting this all wrong?

Interestingly my cards for 2010 - The Emperor or Death.

nisaba

Rowanmoon19 said:
I came across (on this site) the idea of using numerology as a way of getting a general card for the year. My partner's card for 2010 is the Chariot, which I would normally see as control of your direction and movement.

Can anyone explain this
Perhaps the card is telling your partner WHAT THEY NEED TO DO. Regain control instead of letting chaos reign.

Rowanmoon19

Thanks Nisaba. That's real DOH moment isn't it? I suppose I was looking at what would happen rather than thinking of it as advice.

Eddie

Rowanmoon19 said:
I came across (on this site) the idea of using numerology as a way of getting a general card for the year. My partner's card for 2010 is the Chariot, which I would normally see as control of your direction and movement. However he spent the first half of the year in a contract that provided no challenge and bored him, and has then been unemployed for the last 5 months - lots of interviews but no luck actually landing a job. I can see that the Chariot might fit if it was reversed?

Can anyone explain this - am I interpreting this all wrong?

Interestingly my cards for 2010 - The Emperor or Death.

Think about the imagery on most chariot cards, does the charioteer really look like he could direct his chariot? can you see any reins?

Yes its about direction but with plenty of distractions along the way. Although this is known as the victory card it has very strong undertones of contradiction. When ever I get this card, I brace myself and prepare myself for anything and everything to be thrown at me and distract me from my true course.

Don't forget, the card is trying to describe the whole year and clearly it cannot do this, so it will be appropriate for some of year 2010 but not all. I suspect he must have had some up moments and some down, moments when his determination, patience and willpower will have been tested and if he did not embrace these qualities at any time, then victory would have eluded him.

Do you still feel the same about the chariot? Going by what you say, I'd say the chariot sounds spot on!!

Eddie

Sar

The year to choose direction of what kind of life one want=?

Sulis

To add to what Nisaba and Eddie have said, I'd say that as a year card The Chariot could be saying that there will be lots of problems or bumps in the road this year and it will take determination and will-power to get over them. If he's had a boring job for half of the year and been unemployed for the other half then they do seem like fairly big problems that take a lot of gumption to get over.

Rowanmoon19

Wow thanks everyone. This is actually making me look at this card in a different way. The deck I use leans heavily on the 'victory' message although the themes of movement and control always made more sense to me.

I used to use tarot but haven't for a few years. I've picked the cards up again but am using a deck I'm not as familiar with - some of the meanings don't really connect in my head, and I'm not always sure if it's something I've learned before or not.

Anyway, thanks for the insights

Rowan

nisaba

Rowanmoon19 said:
Thanks Nisaba. That's real DOH moment isn't it? I suppose I was looking at what would happen rather than thinking of it as advice.
<grin> We all have those blinkered moments ...