The deck you use when you are afraid

hunter

What deck do you use when you are afraid?

I had a not so great appointment this morning and have something significant to be afraid about.

My new Tarot of the Crone is now estimated to arrive on Tuesday as it got sent to the wrong post office and then to the blackhole of reject land that is usually only processed on Sundays.

I've got decks. Lots of decks. I'm being a spoiled child, pining for the new deck when I have so many nice ones already. Okay I don't have grandma yet, but I have so many others here.

I have several blisters on my right foot, and walked at least 6 miles before lunch, so need to sit, but it's so hard to sit, when I just want to walk, walk, walk off my anxiety.

So what deck do you use when you are afraid, and why that deck?

Vesper

I don't use a deck when I'm afraid. I call a friend.

Though I did find solace with the Diary of a Broken Soul a while back, when I was going through some anxiety. You can do a google search. There's a website where you can do a free online reading with it.

(((hunter))) - it will be okay.

remember:
Never worry about something before it happens.
If it doesn't happen, you worried for nothing.
If it does, you worried twice.

avalonian

When I'm feeling vulnerable I usually reach for my "Songs for the Journey Home" deck. There's something very comforting and nurturing about it, tells me what I need to know in a very gentle and encouraging way (it's like it gives you a hug!).

:) :) :)

MysticalMoose

I have always reached for my DruidCraft because it's comforting & familiar, :) Lately I have also felt that Lisa Hunt's Fairytale feels warm & cosy as well & so that would also be one I would reach for :) xxx :love:

MareSaturni

I go back to my first tarot deck: the Enchanted Tarot (or the Zerner-Farber, which is a smaller version).

A non-threatening deck that has a soft way of giving bad news... I appreciate that when I'm afraid...

Glitterbird

I love the Victorian Romantic it comes across gentle, but also it's going to give it to you straight.

Libra8ca

I would reach for the Shadowscapes or the BBCats deck. I find both of them very comforting because they have so many animals in them. I find most animals make me feel more relaxed. I loved playing with stuffed animals as a child :love:; maybe that's why I feel this way about these decks?

turtlebite

Last year when my husband lost his job I used the Animals Divine for comfort and Fenestra to shake me out of my self-pity.

Muir Aingeal

Bohemian Gothic

Mellifluous

Marina said:
I go back to my first tarot deck: the Enchanted Tarot (or the Zerner-Farber, which is a smaller version).

A non-threatening deck that has a soft way of giving bad news... I appreciate that when I'm afraid...

This was my answer! lol

Also, I'll use other oracle decks instead of tarot.