THE Deck

EightWands

Have you yet found THE deck that has kept you happy and satisfied enough to NOT cave to these newer decks that have been released? :)

Since working with Transparent Tarot and "Tarot of Sweet Twilight", I haven't even looked at any other decks. No trips to Borders, no salivating over the latest decks that have come out and been posted here.

I think I have truly found MY decks. The ones that really speak to me.

Have you yet found yours and, if so, what deck or decks are they?

Morwenna

I do get new decks occasionally (and I'm sorely tempted by things I find here, but the budget doesn't want to cooperate), but I keep going back to my favorite three: Morgan Greer, Hanson-Roberts, and Robin Wood. I do occasionally use some of the others, but that has to be a conscious decision; otherwise I grab one of the aforementioned three, lately most often the Hanson-Roberts.

Dusk Till Dawn

I have found my Deck, I know that that one will go with me when my Journey ends. I still like to aquire others, but that Deck will always be the one.

Wendywu

I use Ironwing. I buy lots of others, and I love them but I don't use them. I'd like to work with Book of Kaos or the Diary sometime, but not yet awhile.

greatdane

Good Question!

Since I have just started, I have looked at literally hundreds and hundreds of decks. Some haven't been released yet, so those were out of bounds.

Hopefully, I have found most of my decks already, although I'm sure others may call. We change and as we change, perhaps some of our special decks will as well. I am not here as a collector though, but to connect with tarot.

Right now, I am enjoying my Mystic Dreamer and Universal Waite (I do daily one card draws with each, back to back, working very well). Those are two decks that I consider MY decks, I know the ANNA K will be as well, because I just connect with pictures I've seen.

I will have the ANNA K when the second edition is released, as well as the Bohemian Gothic (ok, anybody else love the BG, but find the Victorian Romantic creepier?, sorry I digress).

I want ONE majors only deck, as I feel that is a MY deck kind of deck, that's Tarot Whispers at the House of Dusk, so of course that was a limited edition and nowhere to be found and even if I can, will probably be way out of price range.

Cocobird55

Once in a while I use a different deck, but I always go back to my Victorian Romantic. This deck gives me incredibly clear readings.

canid

Haha! I've thought that many times. And I do now, only it's 2 decks (Holy Grail & Druid Craft). But I still love my other 'my deck' (Robin Wood), and oh yeah, I also loooove the Pagan (thanks Griz). But for many years the Moon Garden was 'it'. Until I came here.....

Briar Rose

I love all the decks I have right now. I always seem to pull out my Victorian Romanic when I need answers. It never fails me.

But you are right about loving the Transparent. Emily was clever. I love the layers. It's real easy to read with. Makes my intuitive sense more pronounced. Do you use a lightbox with it?

SweetTwilight is a wonderful deck to be in love with. I can really read well with it.

JaneAusten is another good deck for me to use.

You know what, I love all my decks.

shadowdancer

to be honest I cannot say hand on heart I have THE deck. I have one which is close to my heart (bit like comparing it to my fiancee) but I have a handful of others I absolutely adore and don't want to be without.

I think if I had only one deck and that was THE deck it would be like only ever talking to or relating to one person for your whole life. That would be so unrewarding in many ways IMO.

I have a very special deck, and a handful of special decks. Makes for a nice little family unit without me getting frustrated at only hearing one voice and viewpoint :D

Davina