The Devil as someone's intentions - could it possible be any good?

eagle star

Hi guys.

So I got The Devil as someone's intentions towards me.
I do not like the Devil... #-( For me it's all about control, limitations, restrictions, imprisonment, dependencies, all physical and with no heart in it. Meaning....all bad regarding someone's intentions!!!!!
Do you have the same perception, or are you able to see any good in this card and regarding this particular question? Could the Devil be something good??

In addition I asked for a clarifier card and I got the Justice..... but it doesn't make sense to me...could it be excess vs balance?? No idea here......

Thanks a lot.

SkylerK

Hi guys.

So I got The Devil as someone's intentions towards me.
I do not like the Devil... #-( For me it's all about control, limitations, restrictions, imprisonment, dependencies, all physical and with no heart in it. Meaning....all bad regarding someone's intentions!!!!!
Do you have the same perception, or are you able to see any good in this card and regarding this particular question? Could the Devil be something good??

In addition I asked for a clarifier card and I got the Justice..... but it doesn't make sense to me...could it be excess vs balance?? No idea here......

Thanks a lot.

Hallo there. No, sorry, in my experience there is never anything good about the Devil, not even as far as physical sex or lust goes. I know a lot of people like to see a good side to every card, but I think to see something good about the Devil requires too much of a stretch of imagination.

eagle star

Hallo there. No, sorry, in my experience there is never anything good about the Devil, not even as far as physical sex or lust goes. I know a lot of people like to see a good side to every card, but I think to see something good about the Devil requires too much of a stretch of imagination.

Yeah...I feel the same...
Thank you skylerk :)

Lareia

I do see something potentially good in this. The Devil for me represents going after what you want- hedonism, if you will. In itself that's neither negative nor positive, since pursuing your desires can be either depending on context.

Since it showed up as someone's intentions towards you, it makes me think that that person wants something from you- sex, relationship, something else, you be the judge.
Justice tempers that to a degree, I'd say. They might be intent on obtaining whatever it is from you, but they won't resort to unfair or even illegal means while doing so.

Whether this is negative or positive wholly depends on what they want and the nature of your relationship, and whether you're willing to give it.

SkylerK

I do see something potentially good in this. The Devil for me represents going after what you want- hedonism, if you will. In itself that's neither negative nor positive, since pursuing your desires can be either depending on context.

Since it showed up as someone's intentions towards you, it makes me think that that person wants something from you- sex, relationship, something else, you be the judge.
Justice tempers that to a degree, I'd say. They might be intent on obtaining whatever it is from you, but they won't resort to unfair or even illegal means while doing so.

Whether this is negative or positive wholly depends on what they want and the nature of your relationship, and whether you're willing to give it.

I used to think, like you, that the devil was good at times in that it speaks of lust, desire, sex even if no feeling or romance, etc, but experience has forced me to change my views. Although it can be about lust and desire, there is always some strong block, repression or perversion linked to it which prevents " normal " or healthy sex. That is what I have always found anyway. It isn't just about hedonism, but a sick or repressed sexuality that doesn't know how to express itself. In my experience.

eagle star

I used to think, like you, that the devil was good at times in that it speaks of lust, desire, sex even if no feeling or romance, etc, but experience has forced me to change my views. Although it can be about lust and desire, there is always some strong block, repression or perversion linked to it which prevents " normal " or healthy sex. That is what I have always found anyway. It isn't just about hedonism, but a sick or repressed sexuality that doesn't know how to express itself. In my experience.

I see the same as you skylerk...but what about the Justice card as a clarifier? What's the connection here? Could it be to temper and balance the devil's desires as Lareia mentioned? It's hard for me to see the connection...

Lareia

*shrug* My experience is the opposite. In my personal readings, the Devil showing up is more often positive than negative.
It can certainly also be about unhealthy or repressed desires, but in my experience that's not always the case at all.

It's interesting how experiences can differ, isn't it? Especially since it seems like we started in the same place originally.

SkylerK

*shrug* My experience is the opposite. In my personal readings, the Devil showing up is more often positive than negative.
It can certainly also be about unhealthy or repressed desires, but in my experience that's not always the case at all.

It's interesting how experiences can differ, isn't it? Especially since it seems like we started in the same place originally.

I guess I got burned too many times by my wish to see the Devil in a good light. Like Death, or the Tower, or other cards like minor arcana like the 5 of swords or wands and others I just believe they don' t carry good news for their own nature is not meant to do that. But again, thats my experience. Anyhow, my advice for the original poster is to watch out and not expect too much in any way.

SkylerK

I see the same as you skylerk...but what about the Justice card as a clarifier? What's the connection here? Could it be to temper and balance the devil's desires as Lareia mentioned? It's hard for me to see the connection...

To me, Justice is a card of immobility and nothing happening, a stalemate. Which just fits perfectly with the Devil as a block, repression of strong urges, etc.

Agentofthelight

The Devil is asking you to honour yourself more. Stop looking to others for gratification or praise, be true to yourself. It can also be a card that validates a person you has 'bitten their nose off to spite their face"
It's positive as it shows the questioner cares what others think etc. But the balance is wrong as people will ultimately take advantage..